ForumsQuestionsHELP: List Dividers disappeared in web Toodledo! ??

HELP: List Dividers disappeared in web Toodledo! ??
dbotas

Posted: Oct 21, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I was sorting my list of tasks in my web Toodledo and the Importance Dividers that have always been there DISAPPEARED.

Now I have one long list and its very hard to read / comprehend. Similar to the difference between 914-786-0919 and 9147860919

Same number but the latter is much harder to read/

How do I get them back?... they are still there in my iOS app but not in the website.

AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THEY "IMPROVED" THE WEBSITE!

thanks in advance.

DB

coolexplorer

Just click on the Priority Column Title "Priority".
Ensure that Keybord Shortcuts are enabled in Setting and then Press "W" to show or hide dividers.
Does that help?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The dividers that appear in the list will change depending on how you have your list sorted. If you want the Importance dividers back, you need to sort your list by importance. You can do this by clicking the "Sort" button at the top of your list and select "Importance".
dbotas

I think it is a good post. Please leave it for others that have this problem.

Since u guys replied I tried sorting by Priority and the dividers came back.

I would like to comment that after being an IT MIS professional for decades and a Toodledo user for years without having this problem, it only occurred because the new website "improvements" in the menu bar caused this to happen when I was trying to figure out what the heck the mysterious new icon symbols did.

I am still mystified by these new functionalities. BAD GRAPHICS, WAY TOO MANY MENUS, BARS, DROP DOWNS AND WAY TOO MANY WAYS TO DO EVERYTHING NOW. When there is only one way, complexity is not a problem and a user can easily tell and map functionalities.

This MORE IS BETTER. redesign is obviously a result of design staff trying to justify their salaries or a raise.

Exactly like everyone's complaint about MS Office software. Every new release adds more BS trickery to the interface, confusing customers and causing them to cling to older versions as long as they can.

The old Toodledo web interface was SO MUCH EASIER TO INSTINCTIVELY UNDERSTAND AND USE THAN THIS NEW ONE. A database is pretty much a database... adding umpteen bells and whistles accomplishes nothing but complexity and confusion for users.

TOODLEDO: IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT! GIVE US BACK THE SIMPLICITY AND EASE OF USE WE HAD.

Please fire your design staff and don't rehire. You will be money and customers ahead for doing so.

ps: If you want to fix something, fix your support section on this "List Dividers" subject. A search on "List Dividers" brings up nothing but a link to some cryptic unhelpful words on the subject. There is a place u could stand to add a helpful graphic or more detailed explanation.
coolexplorer

Whew! Storm in a teacup. Change is an inevitable part of evolution. Rather than perish, the way to manage stress is continuous learning and adaptation.
"Stay hungry, stay foolish". :)
Salgud

Posted: Oct 22, 2015
Coolexplorer, I agree, like your quote. Seems like lots of different points of view. For so long, users have been crying out for a new face for TD, and then when they do, others don't like it. Meyer's Briggs SJs in particular do not adapt well to change. Overall, I think it's an improvement, but it helps that I don't the expectation that it must be designed just for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.