ForumsQuestionsIs there a way to NOT show task count for specific folder or ...

Is there a way to NOT show task count for specific folder or ...
BDWatson

Posted: Nov 02, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hello everyone -

So, here's what I am trying to accomplish ...

For each project that I'm working on at work, I create a "main" task entry for it. I include notes in the note field, and I "tag" it with each person that is helping me on that project. That way I can quickly do a tag search to see which projects a specific person is helping me with.

I keep all of those "main" entries in a specific folder called "Active."

When that project is complete, I move them into a separate folder called "Inactive." Even though the project is complete, I still sometimes needs to refer back to the notes, and I still sometimes need to know who worked with me on that project. So, I still need access to the notes, and I still this items to come up when search for tags.

That having been said, the project is complete, so I don't need that folder to have a task count, and I don't need the number of items in that folder to contribute towards my overall task count. As time goes on, the number of items in that folder keeps growing and growing, and so my total task count is artificially high.

Is there a way to NOT show a task count for a specific folder?

Or, alternatively, is there another way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish above, which will avoid the pitfalls?

Thanks in advance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you mark the task as completed with the checkmark on the left side of the task, then it will no longer contribute to the counts.
BDWatson

Posted by Jake:
If you mark the task as completed with the checkmark on the left side of the task, then it will no longer contribute to the counts.

Obviously that is true, but then will the item continue to show up when viewing tags indefinitely? When I filter by tags, I want to be able to view these items indefinitely.
BDWatson

Unless I'm missing something, marking these tasks as complete won't accomplish my goal. While it will remove the item from the task count, they will not appear when filtering by tags.

I see where I can show/hide "recently completed" tasks, but I need these items to appear when filtering by tags indefinitely.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 03, 2015
Do a custom search, and include completed tasks.
BDWatson

Posted by Salgud:
Do a custom search, and include completed tasks.

Bingo!! Thank you so much! I have a Gold Subscription, so that enables me to set completed tasks to "never" delete, and so this search works to accomplish exactly what I want.

I have never really played around with the search function, but it's actually really powerful, and I've already thought of other great ways to use it. So, your suggestion helped me in quite a few ways.

Anyway, thanks again!!
Salgud

Many of us who've been around a while depend very much on Saved Searches. I seldom go outside that one page. I've even recreated a few of the standard searches that are on other pages so I don't have to leave the Saved Searches page to access them. They are the real power of TD.
BDWatson

Posted by Salgud:
Many of us who've been around a while depend very much on Saved Searches. I seldom go outside that one page. I've even recreated a few of the standard searches that are on other pages so I don't have to leave the Saved Searches page to access them. They are the real power of TD.

Yup, that's what I just did. I created an "Inactive" projects saved search, which will allow me to quickly view all inactive projects, including tags. It's the perfect solution to what I was trying to accomplish.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 04, 2015
+1

Posted by Salgud:
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.