ForumsQuestionsSurveys before implementing changes

Surveys before implementing changes
Purveyor

Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Does the Toodledo team plan on using surveys before introducing additional changes?
On October 26, you implemented two major changes to the Task Header.
On October 27, after receiving several complaints about the new location of the "Add Task" button, you posted a survey.
The next day you moved the button back to the left and you received enthusiastic thanks for listening to your users.

Seems to me that something is wrong here.
Given that Toodledo has access to surveys, how about posting them before implementing major changes and using the feedback from the surveys to determine the best course of action?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Surveys take a lot of work to make, so we only do them when we think that the results will be informative. In the case that you are referring to, the changes we made to the Task Header tested really well with our beta testers, so we did not anticipate any problems. We already had a survey prepared to test the difference between the light and dark colors of the header which was something that we were unsure about. After we saw the feedback in our forums about the add button placement we quickly modified the survey to ask a few extra questions about the button on the left vs right. We wanted to see if this was a widely held feeling, or just a few vocal people in our forums. It was not a landslide, but slightly more people wanted the add button on the left, so we moved it. This is a case where the beta testers did not accurately reflect the general population. We expect this from time to time. In the future we may use surveys more, but we will also rely on our gut and on the beta testers like we have been. We get it right much more than we get it wrong and when we do get it wrong, we fix the mistake quickly as you have pointed out.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Nov 05, 2015
Maybe the good idea would be to add quasi surveys dedicated to beta page only? Talking about quasi I mean it could be simple new thread on the forum "Hey, beta tester, you can see now there is the new feature X, please test it for a while and vote if you like it or not using voting buttons available in this first post".

I am beta tester, I send sometimes suggestions using 'quick message' on the bottom left, but actually do not know if somebody even read it or what is general feeling of other betatesters about given new feature. Having thread for each new feature (it could be placed in dedicated section on the forum) and votes statistics it could be useful info both for you and beta testers and it does not require any additional work except creating new thread.

This message was edited Nov 05, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 05, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion. We definitely read all the feedback we get.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.