ForumsQuestionsFuture Features

Future Features
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to think that I have a good idea for what TD is trying to accomplish. I love the application and it is the BEST!

Here are a few thoughts for future features:

1. More Keyboard Shortcuts
- I use almost all of the shortcuts now, and it makes it way easier to use. I would love to be able to navigate my list with keyboard shortcuts too (see todoist and checkvist).

2. Manual Sorting
- This is huge. I know it has been mentioned a ton in the forums, so it is obviously something the community wants. Sometimes the current "sort" options just can't get things the way I want them. Users desire more control than that.

3. Better Tag Functionality
- I don't currently use tags because they seem a little janky to me. My first task management experience was with RTM: hated the company, but liked the way they utilized tags. "Things" has a similar approach. I would like to see a tag-cloud or tag-list to be able to find what I need easily.

All of the above are written with SIMPLICITY in mind. There is always the possibility of over-complicating things. But I think that these would only add to the simplicity of TD.

Thanks for listening!
Proximo

Projects. I want to see a Projects section on the left pane or an option on the top of the screen, that will be a Project view.

I want all new task to have a project pull down list so that I can choose what project a new task will be assigned too if needed. Look at Vitalist for a great implementation of Projects.

Sorry, Had to throw that in there. This is the single most important upgrade I am waiting on.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.