ForumsQuestionsWhat is the issue status 'Reference' for?

What is the issue status 'Reference' for?
lumeng

Posted: Nov 09, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
One of the default status of an issue/item is 'Reference'. What is it for? Or, what do people usually use it for?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2015
If you have a task that you didn't complete and will never complete, but has important information inside of it that you want to keep around for reference purposes, you can use this status. At least, that was our intention. In reality, you can use it for whatever you want.
Adrien Beau

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Posted by lumeng.accounts:
One of the default status of an issue/item is 'Reference'. What is it for? Or, what do people usually use it for?

It's a concept you can find in GTD, where some information you put in your inbox ends up not being actionable. Generally you should end up deleting it to clear up your mind, but in some cases, you may want to keep it around. Of course, this is also where other tools may be more appropriate (notes, etc.), but for a small tidbit of information in a relevant folder, using this status for an already input task/text might be the most efficient way to deal with it. I have a few tasks this way.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
I could see it's use, especially when e.g. a task turns out to be impossible to be done, yet I need the info, why. However, I am doing it with setting the task to a "Impossible" context and completing it -as I am a Gold subscriber, completed tasks do not ever deleted, so it works for me:-) Actually, I don't use the Status field at all, so that's probably why I am doing this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.