ForumsQuestionsCalendar Syncing - Only starred tasks?

Calendar Syncing - Only starred tasks?
dave.erwin

Posted: Nov 10, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
So, I just recently learned about Calendar syncing. It's pretty awesome and I'm trying to figure out the best way to incorporate it into my workflow. So, I enabled the calendar syncing and used the recommended "Events" link. Voila, it works as expected. FYI, I'm syncing it to the Calendars app on my iPhone.

But, now I have 500 billion tasks overflowing my calendar. I'd like to trim that back to the most important ones only to avoid information overload. I mark my most important tasks (and ones that really needed to be completed on a certain date/time) with a Star. So, I would like to configure the calendar sync so that it ONLY syncs the tasks that have a Star. Tasks that don't have a Star should not show up on my calendar.

Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2015
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Oh, this would be great way to declutter the calendar - as it is now, I can't use it, because as I am using both Start and Due dates, I have all the tasks spanning trough days on the calendar.

Having limited the visible task on calendar by a star would give me a sufficient control:-)

This message was edited Nov 11, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Posted by dave.erwin:
So, I just recently learned about Calendar syncing. ..............
But, now I have 500 billion tasks overflowing my calendar. I'd like to trim that back to the most important ones only to avoid information overload. I mark my most important tasks (and ones that really needed to be completed on a certain date/time) with a Star. So, I would like to configure the calendar sync so that it ONLY syncs the tasks that have a Star. Tasks that don't have a Star should not show up on my calendar.

I too appreciate the syncing of TD Tasks with Google Calendar (although it is only one-way and syncs only every 24 hours). I appreciate the need to declutter the calendar (particularly if the tasks repeat daily or weekly since there is no end date in GCal). However Syncing only Starred tasks may not work for many users as in my case I only star my (Urgent & Important) Today tasks, whereas I would like tasks with a fixed Due Date but no star to appear on my calendar.

One way to do it is how the android app 'Ultimate ToDo List' does it. It has a small check-box which can be ticked for those tasks you would like to be shown in your calendar. This declutters the calendar but is flexible enough to show any tasks you want to be shown.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.