ForumsQuestionsgrid format

grid format
Admirable

Posted: Nov 14, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
In Grid format the blue bar (horizontal, across top of page) only displays the tops of the headings that describe the the fields/functions. Anything I can do about this? Am using chrome. Related, question, maybe-- Is there a way to make the headings appear as I scroll down the list of tasks? Thanks in advance.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 16, 2015
If your browser window is tall enough, the column headings should stick and stay visible. If the window is too short, there are technical reasons why this won't work. I am not sure that I understand what you mean by it only displaying the tops. Can you please create a support ticket and upload a screenshot that shows what the problem is?
Admirable

Posted: Nov 23, 2015
Sorry my keyboard does not appear to enable screen shots. The display problem,, as you suggested, be related to the browser window since the display is fine on my lap top. I will try to describe it better in case anyone else has same display issue. This is not a major problem, just a weird annoyance.

So, as one goes down the screen-- you see a blue bar that offers Quick Add and Quick Search and that displays fine.
But below that is a somewhat lighter blue bar with the names of fields/functions (column headings). These names are cut off all along at the bottom, as if the bottoms of the letters are obscured or overlapped by rest of the blue background. I can read the tops of the words and so I know what they are.

The information under the columns of the function/fields are displayed fine and are retained throughout the list. But the headings do not repeat their appearance as one scrolls down the screen. If I can't remember what each column represents I have to go back to the top. I have remember what task I was looking at to find my place again and then get back there. So, a feature request would be an on-demand heading bar or an opportunity to set the heading bar be displayed between so many tasks. Maybe other people have better short-term visual memory than I do or don't change the order of their fields very often.

Regardless, I sincerely appreciate Toodledo and your effort to address every user question, no matter how redundant or trivial. I have left other systems because I never got a response to a question.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2015
If the column header names are getting cut off on the bottom (like the y in Priority), then it likely means that you have set the default font size in your browser to be one or two sizes higher than the default size. We try really hard to get Toodledo to look right at a variety of font sizes, but when it goes too far in either direction, it isn't possible for us to make everything continue to look correct. One thing you may try is to enable "page zooming" instead of "text zooming". This will make the entire page bigger instead of just the text and will keep everything the correct proportions. Depending on which web browser you are using, this may be called something else.

As for the headers getting scrolled away, if your window is tall enough (at least 600pixels), the headers will stick to the top so they will always be visible.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.