ForumsQuestionsSaving more than one search

Saving more than one search
webb_p

Posted: Nov 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
How do you save more than one search in saved searches?
I can save and modify one but when I do to add another I can achieve the search I want but the SAVE button won't perform the "Save" function.
Is there an option I'm missing, am I doing something wrong or is the functionality unavailable?

Many thanks
Peter Webb
Adrien Beau

I just created a new search, and found no issue.

Steps performed:

- Click on the search icon in the sidebar (showing my existing 5 saved searches)
- Click on New Search above the list of saved searches
- Enter search criteria
- Click on the prominent yellowish Search button
- Click on Save at the top-right of the screen (under the sort options)
- Enter a name in the pop-up that appears
- Click OK in that pop-up
- The search is added to my list of saved searches
webb_p

Many thanks for a prompt reply.

Work fine until I get to your Step 5. "Click on Save at the top-right of the screen (under the sort options)" I do this but nothing happens.
No pop up screen.

If I delete the current saved search and create a new one then fine the "Click on Save at the top-right of the screen (under the sort options)" works as you say.
But it doesn't work when I try and create subsequent searches.

I see your a silver subscriber, perhaps this idiosyncrasy is reserved for Gold subscribers!! :-)

Peter
Adrien Beau

The pop-up is managed by Javascript, running inside your browser. This is where browser compatibility issues can arise, so at this point it is worth mentioning which browser you are using, under which operating system. If you have installed extensions / modules / etc. in your browser, especially pertaining to privacy, ad-blocking and "safe browsing" (often done by disabling parts of Javascript), it is worth mentioning them.

I performed my test with Google Chrome 42.0, running under Windows Vista. No extensions installed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I haven't seen this bug before, and I also could not reproduce the problem. I think it could be your popup blockers. When you click the "Save" button, it should cause a popup to appear which asks you for the title of the search. Your popup blocker may be preventing this.

Very soon, we will be releasing an update that changes how saved searches are saved to not require a popup anymore, so I think that this will probably fix the problem for you.
webb_p

Posted: Nov 17, 2015
This morning instead of using the "New Search" button in the left hand side bar I used the "New Search" button in the "bread crumbs" bar above the Task listed.
It worked fine.

I suspect its something to do with my browers settings. I'm running Google Chrome Ver 46 on a PC running Windows 7 Professional.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.