ForumsQuestionsTotal time in calendar

Total time in calendar
mmuelly

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to show the total time of the tasks for a day in the calendar?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 15, 2009
This isn't possible, but thanks for the suggestion.
mmuelly

Okay, it would be great if you could add one way to see total task length for upcoming days. The search shows task length when you search for a day but you can only search for a specific date and not for six day from today or something like that. The due date view also only allows for today, tomorrow and then the next 7 days.
Anders

Posted by mmuelly:
Okay, it would be great if you could add one way to see total task length for upcoming days.

I don't use the length field much, but I can see how this would be handy, and befitting a task calendar.
The search shows task length when you search for a day but you can only search for a specific date and not for six day from today or something like that.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are looking for, but setting up searches for date ranges is actually quite easy. For instance, I am not sure whether your example meant the next 6 days, or the day 6 days from now, but either way it is easy.

Next 6 days' tasks: Search "Checked Off" is No AND Due Date "is in the next" 6 days

Tasks for the 6th day from now: Search "Checked Off" is No AND Due Date "is in the next" 6 days AND Due Date "is not in the next" 5 days

The due date view also only allows for today, tomorrow and then the next 7 days.

What I don't understand is why there is a "more" tab when there is only 1 more tab. Why not just put it where the more tab is, unless Toodledo has plans to add more tabs in Due Date view, maybe customizable ones? :)

~Anders

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009.
Claudio

Posted by Anders:
What I don't understand is why there is a "more" tab when there is only 1 more tab. Why not just put it where the more tab is, unless Toodledo has plans to add more tabs in Due Date view, maybe customizable ones? :)
The "More" tab shows up only if your screen isn't wide enough to display all the choices. (See what happens if you make your browser window much narrower.)

This is the case with all views, eg. Folders, Contexts, etc.
Anders

Ah, thanks. I was not aware of that.
mmuelly

Posted by Anders:

Tasks for the 6th day from now: Search "Checked Off" is No AND Due Date "is in the next" 6 days AND Due Date "is not in the next" 5 days

ah! Had not thought of that. Thanks.
Linden

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Ah, thanks. I was not aware of that.

Wow! There is an aspect of Toodledo that Anders wasn't yet intimately familiar with! ;)

Seriously, Anders, you're like a wandering Encyclopedia of Toodledo. It's pretty cool that you're still picking up new tricks as well.
Linden

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
More on-topic: I think the idea of showing total time for calendar tasks is great.

Many of my tasks are longer than I can do in a day. Would it be possible for that total time to reflect "time remaining" -- so Length minus Timer? Maybe that's too complex.

In any case, I'd certainly love to see any implementation of this idea!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.