ForumsQuestionsiPhone app refresh vs. sync

iPhone app refresh vs. sync
mark_1337909683

Posted: Dec 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
If Toodledo's iPhone 'App Refresh' is set to on does that mean that when the app is not visibly open but suspended, it will periodically 'wake up' and sync? If so, how is the sync frequency determined.

If the answer to the preceding is 'yes' and 'when it senses change', then I'll set the sync preference to off when opening/closing to avoid screen stall.

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 07, 2015
If you have "Sync on start/quit" enabled inside the apps settings section, then the app will sync when it is launched and will also sync in the background when you close the app. The app will not sync on a periodic schedule in the background, although we may add this in the future. The "background app refresh" option is there to allow the sync to finish in the background when you close the app.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Dec 08, 2015
My opinion reflecting my use--

I'd surely welcome a scheduled background refresh so I could turn off sync on open/close to avoid the sync stall time upon opening. I do appreciate the work you've done to reduce the sync stall time.

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.