ForumsQuestionsDD-MM in Outlook = MM-DD in TD.... Any ideas?

DD-MM in Outlook = MM-DD in TD.... Any ideas?
nils

Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi folks,

I've only been using TD for a little while, and have struck a snag that I can't sort out on my own.

I'm in Australia, and down here we run with a DD-MM-YYYY format - as such my Windows/Outlook is configured this way.

Now, as it happens, I have set the date in TD to do the same thing, and on my homepage it joyfully informs me that it is the 17/06/2009.

However - and herein lies my problem - my tasks are coming up as MM-DD-YYYY, meaning that a task in outlook with a due date of the 2nd of July (02/07/2009 to me) is appear as an overdue task, because (according to TD) I should've done it on the 7th of February.

Anything after the 12th of the month is just coming up as 'No Due Date' as (presumably) the MM format can't exceed 12.

This is ONLY happening on www.toodledo.com though, the Toodledo Outlook Sync program (version 0.9.9.6) is getting the dates right.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to struggle with this. Is there a handy guide someone can point me to? My own searching couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Is there any chance that you imported some of your tasks to Toodledo before you started using the Outlook sync tool? I ask because Toodledo's CSV import tool is picky about date formatting. The sync tool is not developed by Toodledo, so you should post questions about it in the "Third-Party Applications" forum. The developer regularly answers questions there. Also, I believe he is Australian as well, so I would be surprised if this were a limitation of the sync tool.

~Anders
nils

Score: 0 Reference
Mate, you got it totally right.

I had uploaded the tasks as CSVs and sync'd.

Deleted all my tasks on the TD side and tried again without uploading the CSVs - it's now working like a charm.

Thanks for helping me to clear that up.

- Nils
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.