ForumsQuestionsIOS Lists Column Width

IOS Lists Column Width
noel_public

Posted: Dec 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to control the column width in the IOS app?

I found out how to do it in the web browser version but the pixel width doesn't seem to affect the IOS app viewing of the same list.

Thanks.
Sabina A.

Posted: Dec 21, 2015
Hello,

Column width adjustments are not currently possible on the iOS app. We can't comment on time frames, but this is on our to-do list.
noel_public

Posted: Dec 22, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

Without column width adjustments then IOS lists are worthless to me. I only get two columns before it is cut off.

Maybe a partial solution would be to just honor the web pixels on the IOS app. Then an IOS app width adjusting interface wouldn't be needed in the short term.
andy.zaayenga

Posted: Mar 17, 2016
Three months later - any progress on the control of iOS column widths? Still unusable on the iPhone...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 18, 2016
Because of the small screen of an iPhone, only the first 3 columns can be displayed with the remainder appearing when you tap on a row. The 3 columns that it displays are each given 1/3 of the available space with the exception of the checkbox, star and icon columns which can be smaller. In the future we will probably allow this to be customized, but we feel that the current solution is pretty good given the screen size constraints.
gerhardmobil

Posted: Apr 04, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
"pretty good" is ridiculous !
I like to use TOODLEDO, but on the iPhone, and by the way on Android-system it is not much better,
it is still not userfriendly !
Like to use lists and share them. And it´s unsolved for months (look in the forum...) !
Very kindly asking for urgent improvement in this case !

Like to use it private and business on PC, but we all use smart phones, do you ?
carolchristinec

Posted: May 29, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Even on an iPad (I have an old iPad 2), turned lengthwise, when using the Lists app in the Toodledo app I can only see 3 columns at a time, and one of them is a check box! It's ridiculous.
andy.zaayenga

Posted: Jul 08, 2016
Please fix the mobile app column control! The mobile app is almost useless without ability to tailor or autosize column width.
andy.zaayenga

Posted: Dec 11, 2016
Developers, just to reprise my comment in another section - is there ANY movement on making Lists on iOS usable? My paid subscription is up for renewal and I need some reason to hang on.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 12, 2016
Is it just being able to adjust the column width that is making it difficult to use, or is it something else?
toodledo2

Posted: Jan 02, 2017
For me, it is just the column width that is making it difficult to use on my iPhone. For my grocery list, I need to be able to check off when it's in my cart (so it can sort that to the bottom and I can see the items I still need at the top), the quantity column (which could be very narrow, but takes up almost half the screen - unhelpful), the item names (so I know what to get, of course), and the section of the store. I use the list for multiple stores, so I group them by section/department. Depending on which store I'm in, I would like to be able to scroll down and see what section of the store I need to view and pick up those items, check them off and move on... Even though the screen is small and you list that as a restraint, I don't need much real estate for the "in cart" check box or quantity (only one digit), so I'd like to use the rest for the item and store section.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.