ForumsQuestionsHelp with lists

Help with lists
margaret

Posted: Dec 30, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi I just started using lists after many years using the tasks feature. Having problems. First, how do I set the date? I have
Tried
Multiple times but it doesn't stick. Also, sometimes I just get the loading sign ad infinitum rather than showing my shopping list and health log (for which I can't set the date). Frustrated!
Salgud

Click on Edit Columns, add a date column. Go to the date column, click on the field, and the date picker will appear. Select a date and move the cursor away, the date will be set.
margaret

Thanks for helping, but that doesn't seem to work. There was a date column there already but I added another to check. I enter the date, press done, but date doesn't appear on the list
Salgud

I don't know where you're entering the date. There's no "Done" button when I do it, so I suspect you're adding the date in the wrong place. Maybe someone more familiar with Lists can help you.
margaret

I have tried entering it under the default "when" column and a "date' column I added. Same result. The "done" is on my iPad keyboard, not the app itself.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 31, 2015
Interesting. My first, and hopefully last, attempt at making a list on my iPhone. I can create a row, enter some text and a date (after creating the fields), but Save only erases it all. I also get a syncing error, even though my task list syncs fine. Maybe it won't let me enter the list because of the syncing error? But it my sync settings, it's set to sync on open and close, but not on edit. Something wrong here.

I've worked with quite a few iOS list apps over the years, can't remember one this obtuse. I won't bother with this one again. How can anyone make it so difficult to simply enter a date?

This message was edited Dec 31, 2015.
ori.matalon

It works for me on my iPhone. Here are my steps to reproduce:
1. Start with an empty "My Lists" screen.
2. In the New List box, enter "Test List" and click the "+" sign.
3. Click the newly created "Test List" row.
4. Click the "arrow down" icon.
5. Edit Columns.
6. + ADD COLUMN.
7. Enter Title = "Test Date".
8. Column Type = Date.
9. Done.
10. Save.
11. Done.
12. Add Row.
13. Title = Test Row.
14. Date = Dec 31 2015 (click the "31", then Back).
15. Save.

It works fine, but I agree the flow is too complicated and non-friendly.
Salgud

Posted by ori.matalon:
It works for me on my iPhone. Here are my steps to reproduce:
1. Start with an empty "My Lists" screen.
2. In the New List box, enter "Test List" and click the "+" sign.
3. Click the newly created "Test List" row.
4. Click the "arrow down" icon.
5. Edit Columns.
6. + ADD COLUMN.
7. Enter Title = "Test Date".
8. Column Type = Date.
9. Done.
10. Save.
11. Done.
12. Add Row.
13. Title = Test Row.
14. Date = Dec 31 2015 (click the "31", then Back).
15. Save.

It works fine, but I agree the flow is too complicated and non-friendly.

Those are exactly the steps I've been doing, but it erases the entries instead of saving them. And I get the syncing error message, even though "sync on edit" is turned off in my sync settings.s

Edit: I just tried it with all syncing turned off, and still got the syncing error.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 04, 2016
Can you please tell us what the syncing error says? This will give us a clue as to what is going wrong. Do you get the same error when using the website instead of the app?
Salgud

Posted by Jake:
Can you please tell us what the syncing error says? This will give us a clue as to what is going wrong. Do you get the same error when using the website instead of the app?

"Error syncing list
An internal error occured. Please reload the page."
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can double tap the 'Lists' tab at the bottom of the screen to reload the page. Please let us know if that doesn't help.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 05, 2016
Posted by Jake:
You can double tap the 'Lists' tab at the bottom of the screen to reload the page. Please let us know if that doesn't help.

Strange indeed. I redid that row and double tapped the Lists button, and it deleted the new list entirely. Then I re-created it, and it works correctly.

Correction: I went and looked at the list online, and it shows 2 rows, one with the date I entered, 1 without. On my iPhone, it indicates 2 rows next to the list title, but when I open the list, only 1 row shows.

I also added a date field to an existing list (Packing), and filled in the date and it worked fine.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Salgud, I think the problem was that you were trying to add a row to a list that didn't exist. When you refreshed, it removed the deleted list. You app appears to have gotten into a funny state. We are working on some improvements to syncing that should be ready soon. Hopefully that will help.
Salgud

I'm not sure, since I never tried lists on my phone before, but the list was there in my list of lists.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.