ForumsQuestionsAndroid App out of sync / overrides PC updates

Android App out of sync / overrides PC updates
fiona.c

Posted: Jan 12, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I've raised this before but it's reaching serious issue type problem level for me.

I use:
1. Win 7 laptop on cable - website toodledo
2. Samsung Galaxy S5 (android app); usually just on wifi, NOT mobile data as I work from home.

And frequently (daily ++) the android app is not in sync with the website. Especially noticeably with the habits which I use daily but am struggling as frequently (like again today) I look at the chains and half of them a 'broken' from yesterday yet I KNOW I ticked them off on the website during the workday, yet the android app has not sync/updated.

In fact, there is NO WAY to manually sync/update in "HABITS" as there is no settings 'cog' in the top right at all. I have to change back to Tasks, hit sync, then go back to Habits. BUT then I think it actually overrides the website settings with the current android ones as lo, I havent done my habits yesterday....

I havent come up with a scientific way to check/study this phenomenon, I can just say it happens, and happens frequently enough to frustrate me and render the habit section next-to-useless.

SO... help please! I'm happy test run/ trial to figure out the issue but I think it relates to wifi (has in past) not syncing regularly or receiving updates from the website or something (why the heck not?).

Thank you all....

[P.S. I'd really like away to have two widgets on my phone - one that takes me straight to Tasks, and one just for Habits as its is, as I said before, a pest having to switch back and forth all the time].
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sometimes the Habits (and Lists and Outlines) section can take a little extra time to sync changes coming from the website. This is because these sections do not sync in the background, but only when you open those sections and look at them. We are working to fix this.

In the meantime, if you open the Habits section and just leave it open for a minute, it should finish syncing and update itself.
fiona.c

TODAY, hard example of issue in TASKS section.

I ticked off 'order water filter' over an hour ago on the phone... its still showing (after a refresh on the PC) on the website. But not on the phone.
In reverse, I ticked off 'call school uniform shop' on the website about 5mins ago and it is still showing on the android phone. EVEN if I 'pull down' on the task list, which I would presume is 'refresh' on the phone, there is no change to either website (water filter) or phone (uniform shop).

will wait 1/2hr and report back.
fiona.c

Further....
The list for TODAY on the website does not include the daily tasks of 'check pH' or 'Accounts' as they are showing as 'overdue' on the Android.
These tasks are set as a ?today task, SO... after middnight they should reset to 'today', right? NOT be showing as 'overdue' today...

Please let me know if you need any screenshots or whatever of this...
The problem seems to be with the android app not refreshing/syncing properly. As I said before I'm on wifi... and it has been noted before that this is an issue for some strange reason.
fiona.c

Posted by Jake:
Sometimes the Habits (and Lists and Outlines) section can take a little extra time to sync changes coming from the website. This is because these sections do not sync in the background, but only when you open those sections and look at them. We are working to fix this.

In the meantime, if you open the Habits section and just leave it open for a minute, it should finish syncing and update itself.

SORRY... but after hours, it hasn't sync'd itself. It may have when it first opened, but any changes since.... nope.
AND as I said before, no manual way to force a sync except leaving section (or closing/re-opening) which is not acceptable as too susceptible to being forgotten as needed...
fiona.c

ok, now an hour later and neither website nor android have sync'd.
Same difference in tasks still showing.

Conclusion - android is NOT syncing on wifi.
fiona.c

another hour..... closed toodledo on android and re-opened.
no change to these out-of-sync tasks.

Going for a 'manual' sync (triple dots / Sync) on Android.
Lo and behold... it adjusts these tasks and all is right with the world again.

Conclusion - Android is NOT syncing.... HELP.
fiona.c

PS had tried turning mobile data on for an hour too - it didnt help, so not just a wifi problem perhaps? Although I didnt turn the wifi off so dont know if it would have tried both channels or not. Perhaps will try later.
aromweis

Posted: Jan 13, 2016
I am also experiencing Android sync issues. First noticed this morning at 7am EST. I have a Note 8 and am using wifi, which works for everything else on my tablet (browser, weather app). It looks like there hasn't been a successful sync even once this morning. Repeatedly posts [connectivity] errors.

Rebooting and clearing cache don't help.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
aromweis

The problem resolved itself between 10am and 3:30pm EST. Seems to be working fine now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.