ForumsQuestionsSearch = Completed tasks for one day

Search = Completed tasks for one day
bklewis2

Posted: Jan 17, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I want to know the number of hours worked for a particular day.

In Search, I used rule "Checked Off" = "yes"
I added rule "Date Completed" "Was" (or "Is" doesn't matter) = Fill in one day from the calendar
Ran Search and the answer comes up "You've done everything in this search!"

Hmm... I know that - I used Checked Off = yes.

So, with much experimentation, I finally stumble on the rule "Due Date" and I get my answer.

In terms of UI design, as a web designer for 11 years in a large corp,, "Date Completed" should give me the answer as well. Any logic as to why it doesn't?
Adrien Beau

Posted: Jan 18, 2016
Maybe your search criteria was incorrect? Date Completed work fine for me. Maybe there was no completed task on the day you selected? :-)

Here's an advanced search that I just ran and that worked fine:

Match [All] of the following criteria:

[Checked Off] [yes]
AND [Date Completed] [is after] [11/01/2016]
AND [Date Completed] [is before] [18/01/2016]

It returns all the tasks I performed last week.
bklewis2

Posted: Jan 18, 2016
Thanks Adrien,

I knew a range worked because I have been running reports each month, but, this time, I was trying to isolate one day. So, I ran your example and realized that the problem lies in when the task was "Due" vs. when I checked it off: "Date Completed".

I frequently don't get to updating my todo list until the following day (or later) so it must record the completed day on the day I check it off even though it was actually completed on the day it was due. I wasn't separating those two activities. At least I think that is what is going on.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2016
As you have discovered, "Due-date" and "Completion Date" are not the same thing. It sounds like you were searching on the completion date, but really wanted to be searching the due-date. Were you able to adjust your search to find the tasks you are looking for?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.