ForumsQuestionsDates doesn't work

Dates doesn't work
an.almuth

Posted: Jan 19, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

at dates only on search works: started. All other searches like today, tomorrow, next 7 days, etc. doesn't work. Who can help me?

Sincerly
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2016
I am not sure that I understand. Can you please elaborate or give us an example of what is happening?
an.almuth

Posted: Jan 20, 2016
Surely,

for example: I click Tasks -> Dates -> Tomorrow: "You've done everything in this tab!" shows Toodledoo. That's not true. I've got tasks that I have to do tomorrow. I've got the same problem with today, next 7 days and so on.

The only function in dates that works is the function "started". Started shows me all tasks from yesterday, today and future.

I need the other functions for GTD, too.
How can I solve this problem?

Sincerly

Almuth
Salgud

I think you're a bit confused. There is no place in TD where you can enter "Tasks->Dates->Tomorrow". Can you be more accurate in describing where you are entering this? I suspect you are talking about a custom search. If so, you might be entering something like "Task | is | tomorrow", which would usually yield a "you've done everything..." reply because you've actually searched for a task with the name "tomorrow", not a task due tomorrow.

The correct search for tasks due tomorrow would be "Due Date | is | tomorrow". If that's what you want. Give that a try and let us know if it works.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Salgud:
I think you're a bit confused. There is no place in TD where you can enter "Tasks->Dates->Tomorrow".

Actually... there is a place like this. If you're on main folder, you can go to Dates view (icon with "31"), and there is an option there showing "Tomorrow" tasks. But I'm not sure what is the problem described here, I agree the case is not specified precise enough to help.
an.almuth

Yes, I can.

No, I don't look for a search.

There are a lot of icons under "Tasks" at the left side. One of these icons is called "dates". When i click on dates opens a new window.
Now there are links ( similar like searches) besides dates: Overdue, Tomorrow, Today, next 7 days, etc.

Only one link (search) works: started
All other links show me the sentence: You've done everything in this tab!
That's not true.

Do you understand me now?

Sincerly

Almuth
pawelkaleta

Posted: Jan 21, 2016
Do you see the 'No due-dates' link listed under 'Started', 'Tomorrow', etc.?

If yes, are there any tasks there? That would mean that you don't have due dates specified for most of your tasks and this might be the reason why they don't group by those pre-defined periods like 'Tomorrow'.

If not, i.e. if you can't see the 'No due-dates' link, it would look like you don't have 'Due date' column/field activated in Settings - you should go to Settings and select an option to show this column/field.

Hope that helps.
an.almuth

Posted: Jan 21, 2016
Yes, it works! Thank you very much!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.