ForumsQuestionsImportance order in context view

Importance order in context view
neil2

Posted: Jun 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I am fairly new to Toodledo but finding it a very useful tool. I find that I most often use the context view, where I have tabs for Home and Work. Toodledo orders the tasks fairly well, calculating an importance that seems to be based on priority and due date.
I have started using the > and = operators for some due dates, because there are tasks that can only be done on or after a particular date (for example sending in my weekly highlight report which must be done on the Friday). However, I am finding that if such a task has a high priority, Toodledo puts it above tasks that have a lower priority but are due sooner - even though it knows the "=" or ">" task can't be done before the lower priority one. Is this something I'm doing wrong in assigning my dates and priorities, or is there a different view that would order the task better - or should it be a "feature request" for a later release?
Anders

Here is a explanation of how importance is calculated: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=53

Importance is the default sort for all views, but you can set your own sort criteria, and use different ones in different views. Just click on "Sort" above your task list. For instance, if you don't ever want Priority to trump Due Date, you can sort first by Due Date, then by Priority. Pro subscribers can use a third sort criterion as well.

~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Importance does not currently take the =, > or ? modifiers into account, but we are thinking about using these in the future.

Thanks
neil2

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies. I will look forward to the modifiers being included in the importance formula one day, it will be much more logical when a task that can't be done today isn't placed above one that can. In the meantime I'm trying sorting by due date then priority to see how I get on.
Thanks
Neil
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.