ForumsQuestionsdownload xml-backup with curl

download xml-backup with curl
trem

Posted: Feb 14, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

for about 1,5 months the following download-command isn't working anymore -- it has been working for years. Please could you tell me, how the command should be written.

many thanks, Tobias

curl \
--output /dev/null \
--form 'email=YOUR_EMAIL' \
--form 'pass=YOUR_PASSWORD' \
--form 'remember=1' \
--cookie-jar ${root}/cookies.txt \
http://www.toodledo.com/signin.php \
--output toodledo.xml \
https://www.toodledo.com/tools/xml.php
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 16, 2016
In order to improve the security of Toodledo we have added "XSRF" protection to our sign in form. As a result of this, it is no longer possible to sign in via a faked POST to our website. Hackers could have taken advantage of this, although we have no indication that anyone ever did. Our signin form now includes a XSRF token which is unique for each login and must be echoed back to our website in order for the login to be valid and for Toodledo to guarantee that it was our login form that was submitted and not the hackers. I am sorry that this broke your automated backup script, but it was an important and necessary security measure.
petep

Posted: Feb 29, 2016
Hi

I have also found my automated backup script doesnt work anymore.

Is there a recommended way to pick up the xml file of tasks (using a cronjob under Unix) now that the old way no longer works ?

Pete
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 29, 2016
For security reasons, there is no longer a quick way to automate the sign-in process. Sorry
garyo

Posted: Mar 01, 2016
I'm also in this boat; I now have no usable backup of my Toodledo data. I know there are third-party integrations available for TD; could someone make one that backs up to Google Drive or Dropbox?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.