ForumsQuestionsDisappearing tags

Disappearing tags
elias_1375354087

Posted: Apr 02, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have for quite some time now had problems with tags disappearing either on the webpage or the Android app. The tags are there, they just disappear from the selection menu when I want to pick all tasks with that tag.

Usually, I have a functioning workaround: I add a dummy task with the tag, that will then magically reappear. Sometime later, I can remove the dummy task, but if I do it right away, the tag disappears again.

This time it is somewhat different. I have installed the app on a new Android phone, and the tag refuses to appear in the drop down menu. The tasks are there if I choose all tasks, and they are correctly tagged, but the workaround doesn't work this time.

As another workaround, I created another similar tag and tagged up all the old tasks, but since the problem is reccurring, I would like to see it fixed one day.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2016
Thanks for the bug report. We will investigate.
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 06, 2016
Jake, as part of your wonderful work in redesigning TD, kindly commence work on modernizing the TD Tag systems function and UX.

An improvement here (particularly if it worked across the TD silos) could potentially solve a lot of user requirements in adapting TD to their individual work-flows. We could then create our own sorting variables and dispense with some others like Folders, Status, Location, etc. according to individual user needs. I think the tag system could be really powerful and a game changer.

Toodledo, has so much potential (is one of my few aspirational programs), hence the suggestions.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 07, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
elias_1375354087

Posted: Apr 13, 2016
I tried on yet another phone and here it worked. I have a suspicion, but am not sure, that the problem has SOMETHING to do with the Swedish characters åäö.

Tags are indeed a powerful feature. I much prefer it to other sorting methods, because it allows me to put a task in more than one category.
elias_1375354087

And just as I wrote that, I once again had disappearing tasks, this time on the web. Putting in a placeholder To Do worked. One of the tags didn't have swedish letters, so now I'm thinking it has something to do with signing in with new devices.
boydston01

I've had problems with tags disappearing. I thought it might be expected behavior because they disappeared when all the tasks—with that tag—were completed. I have a dummie task (buried somewhere!) with the tag so it is always available to select.
elias_1375354087

Posted: Apr 14, 2016
In this case they disappear from the list of tags even though there are plenty of tasks with the tag left.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.