ForumsQuestionscan you save views/search criteria?

can you save views/search criteria?
felipetr

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Heyall,

Checking out your product, so far I like what I see. Thinking about upgrading, but I wonder about a feature available in OmniFocus as well as the MacOSX finder - the ability to create a saved search. In other words, I want to sort my to do list by criteria x,y and z. and I want to save that sort and call it something handy. Then do it again, different sort criteria, and call that sort something else. With these two searches saved, I can put links to them on the left and not have to keep toggling my search criteria. Having gotten used to this feature elsewhere, this is a dealbreaker for me to justify the upgrade.)

Otherwise, great product.

thanks

felipe
Anders

Toodledo does have an excellent advanced search feature which allows for saved searches. You can read about it here: https://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
However, your sorting options cannot be saved on a search by search basis. One thing to note is that each main view, the ones listed at the very top of the task screen, can have its own sorting, which will be saved when you go back to that view. So search, for instance, can be sorted differently than context view, but all searches will have the same sorting applied to them. Also, changing your sorting is quite easy on Toodledo. In addition to the Sort box, you can just click on any column heading in Grid mode to resort by that criterion.
felipetr

ah, after poking around further I see that the above request has been implemented, minus the ability for the user to control the name of the link across the top of the screen. hmm.

In a similar vein, if I want to create more than one to do list (and name it something other than "To-Do List") can I do it?? (assuming I upgrade, of course) :-)

thanks

felipe
felipetr

Aha, just saw your post re: saved searches, thanks. That's what I was looking for. Besides that last question (renaming to do lists, multiple to do lists w/o having to create more than one account) I am running out of excuses not to upgrade.

thanks again

felipe
Anders

You can divide your tasks into separate lists using Folders, but in every view besides Folder view, all your tasks would still be mixed together, although you could then use Folder as your first sort criterion, and collapse ones you don't want to look at by using the dividers. Toodledo isn't really set up for completely seperate lists, so you probably would need two accounts if that is what you are after. I suppose you could do it by using Contexts for your various lists since they can be filtered in any view, but that is obviously not what they are designed for.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.