ForumsQuestionsBug in Quarterly Repeat

Bug in Quarterly Repeat
Paul Sherry

Posted: Apr 04, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have noticed the following bug.

Create task on 31march with repeat quarterly.
Complete task.
Next date it shows up is 12/31.

I assume this bug is because there is no june31 and sept31. It works fine with 3/30 repeating as expected on 6/30 and 9/30.
I would consider this a HIGH priority bug to fix. as I assume lots of people use the end of month as repeating for quarterly or monthly tasks
Adrien Beau

Posted: Apr 05, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
This is a documented limitation of how Toodledo handles monthly repetitions.

Posted by Toodledo FAQ:
It is important to note that if you repeat a monthly task on the 30th or 31st, it will skip over months that do not have that date. For example, a monthly task due on Jan 31 will skip to March 31st because there is no Feb 31st. If you need to repeat a task at the end of the month, we recommend having it due on the 1st of the following month with a 1 day reminder or start-date.

(Source: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#2)
Paul Sherry

Adrien,

Thanks. So basically it is a known bug they have no intention of fixing. At least I now know (just hope I can remember not to put tasks at the end of the month. I always wondered why February was such an easy month for me.. (Joking))
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is the way that all the calendar apps work (Google Calendar, Apple iCal, Outlook, etc). You can try creating a monthly event in your calendar starting on March 31st if you want to confirm that we're doing it the same way. We did it this way to be consistent with how all the major calendar apps handle this case.

If you want a task that repeats at the end of each month, we recommend setting a due-date of the 1st with a start-date one day before and an alarm 1 day before. This way the task will alert you and appear on the last day of the month and will repeat each month instead of skipping. In the future we plan to support a special "last day of the month" repeat option.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.