ForumsQuestionsFind tasks that have subtasks?

Find tasks that have subtasks?
Bobkopf

Posted: Apr 05, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to create a saved search for all tasks that have subtasks.

These tend to be my more complex project oriented tasks that I find I want to be able to see as a list and be able to deal with all these tasks and subtasks as a special group of tasks vs. more simple and routine tasks.

I can't find a set of search criteria that will accomplish this. Suggestions?
Highsteppin

I created a context called @project and assign it to the parent. Then I can just search for @project and all my multiple step tasks come up.
Salgud

Posted by Bobkopf:
I would like to create a saved search for all tasks that have subtasks.

These tend to be my more complex project oriented tasks that I find I want to be able to see as a list and be able to deal with all these tasks and subtasks as a special group of tasks vs. more simple and routine tasks.

I can't find a set of search criteria that will accomplish this. Suggestions?

Task | Has Subtasks | Yes
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 06, 2016
Using : "Task | Has Subtasks | Yes"
will show you all your "Project titles" i.e. tasks having sub-tasks. You will not see their sub-tasks

Using : "Task | Is Subtask | Yes" with sub-tasks Indented
will show you all your "Project titles" i.e. tasks having sub-tasks + their relevant sub-tasks grouped appropriately under each "Project".
You can choose to show/not show Negative/Future sub-tasks.

IMO seeing all Projects with their sub-tasks available for editing (away from the clutter of stand-alone tasks) helps incredibly in managing them.

Hope it helps.
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 06, 2016
Would like TD to have the basic function of a toggle button to quickly hide/show all sub-tasks under each parent task. I am surprised that this simple function doesn't exist despite the maturity of the product.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 07, 2016
Click the "eye" icon in the toolbar to show the filters. Then click "Subtasks Indented".
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 07, 2016
Posted by coolexplorer:
Would like TD to have the basic function of a toggle button to quickly hide/show all sub-tasks under each parent task. I am surprised that this simple function doesn't exist despite the maturity of the product.

Thanks Jake. I consider myself a power user, and yet missed this simple method. Ridiculous!
I am happy that I can now delete one of my saved searches and use this method more often.

Toodledo to you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.