ForumsQuestionsAll Categories folder multuplication

All Categories folder multuplication
kjweber70

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Why is it that, even when I am not using my account, more and more "All Categories" folders show up in my toodledo folders? I just deleted 3 "All Categories" folders on Monday, leaving me with one, only to open up and see 6 today... Does the fact that I also use the iphone app have something to do with this? Please help me to make it stop!
Anders

I have not heard of this happening as a result of using th iPhone app, unless perhaps it is one of the 3rd party apps. I have heard that some people using the Outlook sync tool have reported Folders being duplicated. You can find a few threads about that in the Third Party Applications Forum. If you are using only the iPhone app, there is a bug that will be fixed in the upcoming update that can cause duplications (though I have only heard of this with tasks, not Folders). The bug is related to automatic syncing on a slow network, and the only solution until the update is to turn off automatic sync in the app, and sync manually.
kjweber70

Oops... I do have the Outlook sync as well.
toodledo-kepeli

Outlook Sync will do that if your have the option of "Create Folders for Categories" selected. I ran into that same thing awhile back.
toodledo-kepeli

Well, unless you need to have Outlook create your folders for you in Toodledo, the best way to stop it is to turn off that option in Outlook Sync. Just make sure your folders in Toodledo match exactly the name or names of Categories in Outlook, and you won't have any trouble. There is no need on an ongoing basis to have Outlook create Toodledo folders.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.