ForumsQuestionsProblem with email syntax: Due time defaults to today

Problem with email syntax: Due time defaults to today
ibjiba

Posted: Apr 15, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo allows you to set a due time without having a due-date. I use this function a lot to make sure that when/if a date is assigned, the task will appear correctly in my ical-feed.

However, when creating a task via email a due date for today is automatically created when a due time is specified.

Example email subject "My task =1100" should create a task with no date and due time of 1100. However the task created has a due time of 1100 AND due date today.

The same thing happens if you set new task defaults to have a due time but no due date. If the task is created through the webui this works but not when emailing in a task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the bug report. We will investigate. In general Toodledo gets confused when a task as a time but no date.
Salgud

Hey, I'd get confused if I had a task with a time but no date! :)
ibjiba

Posted: Apr 18, 2016
Posted by Salgud:
Hey, I'd get confused if I had a task with a time but no date! :)

Yup, I see why :-)

The reason for this is that I use time estimates, due dates and sync the tasks to my outlook calendar. A task with 1h length will show up at midnight-1h of the due date. This causes it to be hidden in Outlook unless I scroll to that time of day. Instead I use a due time of 1700 to always have my tasks show up at the end of the workday. I set my tasks to default to this to save me work and avoid mistakes but per above the emailing isn't working well enough for this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.