ForumsQuestionsAssigning specific time to my task

Assigning specific time to my task
Charles

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to assign a specific time to my task and have it appear on my iCal?
Charles
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Yes. In your Account settings, go to "Fields/Functions Used", and enable Start Time if you use Start Dates and/or Due Time if you use Due Dates. Then you will ne able to set specific times (or windows if you use both), which will carry over to the iCal.
Charles

I have added times to the due column but they do not transfer to my iCal. What do I need to do to have these times sync?
Anders

The times should sync, but Google only updates your iCal subscription a couple of times per day, so you may have to wait a bit to see them. Also, sometimes it has been my experience that existing events on my Toodledo Calendar (the iCal) take even longer to show changes. In other words, I see a newly added task the next time Google updates, but if I change a task, it can take some time to show the change on Google. This is a Google issue, and many people have complained and asked them for better support of iCals, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.
Charles

Am I automatically connected to Google calendar from my iCal? I don't remember ever enabling this.
Charles

Do I need to enable toodledo to sync with iCal or subscribe in some way. How is this done?
Anders

Go to this page: https://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
Check Enable Live iCal, then click Save. Copy the address of the calendar (use the Google version).
Then go to Google Calendar. Go to Other Calendars, then Add a calendar by URL. Paste the address from Toodledo into the URL box, and add the calendar.
Charles

Thank you, that all worked. Will this now appear on my iCal on my computer and iPhone?
Anders

It depends if/how you sync Google Calendar with those calendars. If you sync Google with iCal, and then iCal to iPhone, then it will depend on the service or program you use to sync. You may have to configure some settings to add the extra calendar. If you sync Google directly to the iPhone with Google Sync for mobile, then you have to add the calendar in your online settings.
Charles

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
I use mobile me to sync my iPhone. But how do I sync Google Calendar with this in order to get scheduled Toodledo tasks on my iCal then to my iPhone?
Anders

Sorry, but I may have misunderstood your question from the start due to confusion over Apple's iCal program vs. the general iCal file format. It sounds like you do not use Google calendar at all. If this is the case, you can just add the Toodledo iCal subscription directly into Apple iCal. Just go back to the page where you enabled the calendar, and copy the address for Apple iCal, then add the remote calendar to Apple iCal by pasting in the URL.

If you do want to use Google Calendar, there are various services to sync it with Apple iCal, but I am not too familiar with them. I use Google Sync for mobile to sync my Google Calendars with my iPod: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+mobile+sync+iphone&aq=o&oq=&aqi=
And then of course it would sync to your desktop if you used that.

Sorry for the confusion.
Charles

I can now sync toodledo to my iCal with specific times assigned to the tasks that appear as calendar events. But those tasks are not syncing to my iPhone. How can I get these tasks to go to my iPhone calendar?
Anders

I'm not sure, but it seems like if you sync through iTunes, they should show up. I don't use iCal, and maybe it only sync your primary calendar. You could always use Google Calendar, and sync that to the iPhone calendar using Google Sync as I posted above. Maybe someone who uses a Mac could tell you more.
Charles

Ok, now I seem to have created another toodledo sync with iCal because I have two sets of colors for tasks. How can I go back and eliminate my sync to iCal and have the tasks deleted from iCal.
Charles Post deleted
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you highlight the calendar that you want to delete in the Apple iCal sidebar, and then press the delete key, that should delete it so you can start over.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.