ForumsQuestionsTags are broken

Tags are broken
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 07, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
If I assign two tags to an item, I expect it to show in the list for each of these tags.

Instead, TD treats that tag combination as a separate tag and shows this task under it's own header.

E.g. if I assign tags "Project 1", "Purchase" to an item, I would expect that item to show in my list of tasks for Project 1, and also in my list of items that need to be purchased.

Instead it won't show under any of these tags, but rather under a separate "Project 1, Purchase" header. Which defeats the purpose of tagging items.

I know this is probably by design, but this goes against the accepted practices and to me, it's a bug.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
This happens when you sort your list by tag because a technical limitation means that a task cannot appear on the screen twice at the same time. If you switch to the tag view (by selecting tag from the ribbon on the left side of the page), you will see a list of your tags in the sidebar, and if you select these one at a time you will see that your task appears in both.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 08, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
But this doesn't happen when I look at all my tasks, including the Tag view. So I have to select individual tags on the left to see the items that also have other tags ?

I.e. if I have Task 1 with tags " Project1, Work" it won't show up either under Project 1 or Work when looking at ALL of my tasks, but will show up if I click on the Project 1 or Work tag in the Tags view.

It's a bit backwards, but I guess it is what it is... Thanks for the explanation.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.