ForumsQuestionsHow to Use Repeats

How to Use Repeats
kritter217

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am having a hard time getting repeats to work the way I want them to. I understand that the next event might not show up until I complete the prior event and I am okay with that. This is what I want to do:

- I have a task that I want to do every weekday.
- I have a task that I want to do every other day.
- I have a companion task to the above that I want to do the opposite every other day.
- I have something that I need to do every Friday.

I am comfortable choosing the repeat range (i.e. "every day"), but I think I am getting messed up with start dates, end dates etc. If someone can give me a walk through how to set these up I would be most grateful. Thanks!
Anders

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by kritter217:
- I have a task that I want to do every weekday.

Set the due date for whenever you want the task to begin. If you want it hidden until the day it is due, set the start date for the same date. Click the Advanced Options for the repeat, and write "every weekday".

- I have a task that I want to do every other day.

Again, set the due date for the day you want it to begin. If you want it hidden until due, set the start date for the same date, or if you want to see it the day before, set the start date for then. Use the Advanced Options for repeat again, and write "every two days".

- I have a companion task to the above that I want to do the opposite every other day.

Do the same as above, but make the original due date the day after the previous task's.

- I have something that I need to do every Friday.

Set the due date for this Friday. Set the start date (if you want one) for however many days before the due date you want the task to show up in your lists. Use the Advanced Options again and write "every Friday".

I am comfortable choosing the repeat range (i.e. "every day"), but I think I am getting messed up with start dates, end dates etc.

You only really need a start date for these tasks if you want them hidden until a certain point. All these should be set to repeat from due date.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Very nice explanation Anders. As always.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.