ForumsQuestionsCollaboration

Collaboration
chattywhippet

Posted: Jul 04, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I am having trouble understanding the collaboration feature.

I paid for a pro membership to access collaboration options. I invited a collaborator, and they can now see my tasks - on the web, but not on an iPhone, apparently.

But my collaborator does not seem to have much access to the tasks. It doesn't seem she has the ability to edit them, add tasks, etc.

I must be misunderstanding what the collaboration feature is meant to accomplish, or we are not understanding how to use the tools, especially with the iPhone app.

Can someone help? This was a major reason I went pro. Thanks in advance.

Don
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Toodledo has a very fine grained and powerful permissions system that you can use to give collaborators different access to your task list. It sounds like you have setup collaboration, but have not given your collaborator the permissions that you want them to have (edit, add, etc). You can go back into the Collaboration settings page and click on your collaborator and then give them the permissions that you want them to have.

Our iPhone app does not currently support "Workspace Collaboration" which is one flavor of our collaboration tools. The other collaboration options (Joint tasks, reassigning, Lists and Outlines) work in the iOS app, and we plan to add Workspaces in a future update. In the meantime, you can use our website from the iPhone to do workspace collaboration.
chattywhippet

Both accounts are silver. Each phone has every permission checked.

One account has an android app; the other has the iPhone app. How do you even see the tasks on the collaborator's phone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2016
In our phone apps, we do not yet support "Workspace Collaboration" which I think is what you are trying to do. This is current a website only feature, although we are working on bringing it to the apps soon. If you create a support ticket we can look into your individual problem in more detail.
LNuyens3

Posted: Nov 21, 2016
I don't see any way to assign a task to a collaborator, or to create a joint task, within the iOS app.

If that is possible, how is it done?

Apparently iOS collaboration has been "a priority" for several years -- but the last iOS app update was over a year ago.

WHEN is this going to happen?

Using the website on an iOS device is NOT OK!
If I wanted to do that, I'd create my own PHP+MSQL app.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 21, 2016
In the iOS app, find the task you want to share or reassign. Then click the action icon in the top right corner and choose either "Reassign Task" or "Share Task" to do what you want to do.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.