ForumsQuestionsParent tasks and subtasks getting separated in sort?

Parent tasks and subtasks getting separated in sort?
fiona.c

Posted: Jul 27, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I have a folder which has parent tasks (with subtasks) and stand alone tasks in it.
For some reason, when I sort by parent/subtasks, I get some of the parent tasks (wtih their subtasks indented) at the top of the list under "parents", then I get "tasks" which are the stand alone ones, and then I get two more parent tasks with subtasks, grouped under 'Subtasks' heading.

I cant see any difference of note between the parent tasks sorted in the "Parents" section those sorted to the "Subtasks" section.

What I am missing?

Tx
Fiona
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 28, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
This is due to the way that the "indented" function works. What happens is that it first displays the list sorted how you want it. Then it goes down the list and opens any parent tasks it finds. Then it goes down the list and finds any lose subtasks and replaces them with it's parent task so that it can appear indented.

So this last step is why you get parent's loaded in the "subtask" section when sorting in that way. Its basically a little technical glitch. We're fixing this in the redesign that we're working on right now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.