ForumsQuestionsAndroid sync so slow AND losing entries

Android sync so slow AND losing entries
fiona.c

Posted: Aug 14, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
Hi
I've noticed that when I open habits on my phone the habits come up blank (no history) then takes quite a while to download data. I could (&have) lived with this BUT it is also losing entries. Most days.

For example last night I ticked two habits as I did them. This morning both ticks missing and a star rating and a number entry from earlier in the day.

It's it a setting i need to change?
I have lost faith in the habit tab now because of this.
Tx Fiona
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 15, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
It is possible that if you record a habit and then immediately quit the app before it has had a chance to save and sync those changes, that they could be lost if the app is quit in the background before you relaunch the app. Can you please try this, the next time you record a habit, leave the app open for a few seconds to make sure it has time to save.
fiona.c

Posted: Sep 28, 2016
Yes I think this is an issue - HOWEVER... it is also losing them when entered on the web based site. They dont seem to 'update' or 'sync' automatically there either for an extended period. I have lost all of yesterday's ticks... yet I distinctly recall ticking them on the web/online page (not mobile). Today, they are gone.

Also, you didnt comment/address the issue of how long the app takes to download data now, on the mobile when I open. There doesnt appear to be anything saved locally anymore. Seriously, its so slow (5+sec to load data) I am looking at other apps. I'm not keen to change as this is always a headache; and I've loved Toodledo for a long time now. BUT... waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting every time I want to update a habit is not very habit supporting....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2016
We'll look into the syncing behavior of habits and see if we can find anything that might be causing those problems.
fiona.c

Posted: Oct 09, 2016
Hi Jake,

Still having problems. Lost a tick and a number that I KNOW I put i this morning. Deliberately staying off the desktop/online version but even the app alone seems to be having problems.

As mentioned before, it is EXTREMELY slow (compared to a while ago) in loading initial data when you open the app. Perhaps something to do with that?

I also do notice the 'number' field cops the loss more often that others. Something about how its stored? Or the app doesnt sync properly (still no gear wheel to force a sync on my screen).

So in summary, I really think its something in the app settings / sync behaviour. So it simply fails to sync properly/regularly and as it doesnt store the date locally, really easy for it to get lost 'along the way'.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2016
Thanks for the additional feedback. We will look into it.
fiona.c

Posted: Oct 11, 2016
More feedback - habits have lost several entries from yesterday. I generally do a few habits together and tick them off together. Especially meditation - I tick that I did it then I have a second 'habit' to the enter the duration.

So today, its lots the number (duration) again, and the next two ticks. Yet they were ticked at the same time as Meditation which is showing up.

I note that when I tick/enter, the habit is removed from the screen/list... so I think it reasonable for me to presume it has 'entered' when it does that. I'm guessing it is not necessarily storing or syncing the data at that point tho.

Really not happy - I would appreciate knowing if you have any idea what is going on as I cannot keep this up - checking (and remembering) yesterday's habit entries... and of course when things do go pear shaped and I forget for a day or two... I'll no idea what is right or not.

Totally destroys the habit-making chain concept and use. :-(((
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 11, 2016
I am sorry that it isn't syncing for you. Can you please create a support ticket so that we can look into your account details and see if the problem might be there?
fiona.c

Posted: Oct 15, 2016
Hi Jake
Ive created two tickets so far on this. The first closed after a useless statement re closing the app.
I created a 2nd ticket to follow up and just got a trite apology for the inconvenience!

I think its ticket 63807 - hard to multiscreen on mobile.

Would you have a look please as who ever is on support tickets is not actually looking at issue.
Thanks
Fiona

This message was edited Oct 15, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.