ForumsQuestionsiPhone: Daily Repeating Task Behavior Broken?

iPhone: Daily Repeating Task Behavior Broken?
Laura.H

Posted: Sep 08, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have a list of daily routine tasks in Toodledo set up in the context "Daily Routine".
These tasks are all set to repeat daily (after completion) and they have start dates the same day as their due date.

On all devices (web, android and iPhone - yes, I'm a multi tech user) my view settings are set to hide completed tasks and hide future tasks.

When I access this list from the web (on my laptop) or from my android device, the tasks behave as expected: When I check a task as complete, it removes the task from the current active list. (Correctly scheduling the next tasks for tomorrow, but hiding the completed task and the future - tomorrow - task.)

However: When I try to do this on my iPhone, Toodledo immediately marks todays task as complete, generates tomorrows instance AND THEN DISPLAYS BOTH TASKS ON MY LIST. This is NOT helpful!

If I back out to the main screen again, and then go back to my "Daily Routine" context, all the tasks display as expected again - completed tasks and future tasks are hidden. However, if I again check a task as complete, I get the same wrong behavior as described above. The only thing that seems to have my list hide the things I've told it to hide is to back out to the main screen, then return to the context.

Is there a fix for this? (And please don't just post a link to the filtering page under help - I've been there and it does not address the problem I am having.)

Should also add: I have the sync turned on for all options - Sync on Start/Quit, Sync on Edit, Sync TimeZone

This message was edited Sep 08, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 08, 2016
This is a "feature" of the iOS app, where it visually shows the new version of the repeating task so you know that it was rescheduled and so you can edit the next version of the task if you want to. There is not currently a way to prevent this behavior, but if you cause the list to refresh, it will hide the future occurrence and the completed occurrence if your filters are set to do so.
lotsapoppa

Posted: Sep 12, 2016
Posted by Jake:
... if you cause the list to refresh, it will hide the future occurrence and the completed occurrence if your filters are set to do so.

Jake, I have the same issue as Laura. My completed tasks respaw and do not go away on my iOS device. After multiple attempt of trying to make the Hot List refresh, it does ot update itself by removing future (tomorrow + ) repeatable tasks.

What are we doing wrong, sir?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 12, 2016
Try setting a start date of tomorrow. This should make tomorrows repeating tasks disappear from the hotlist.
Laura.H

Posted: Sep 13, 2016
Thank you for the response Jake. As you suggest, I say this "feature" is in fact a bug. How do I report it as such?
That behavior on the iphone app is inconsistent with all the other Toodledo platforms (web, android), seems very wrong given the display settings I've chosen and it's very frustrating.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 14, 2016
Thanks for the feedback. We'll consider it in our future improvements.
Laura.H

Posted: Oct 14, 2016
Following up here again because this behavior is driving me crazy and makes the iOS app pretty much useless for me. Any chance of fixing this bug sooner rather than later?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.