ForumsQuestionsRepeat from start date?

Repeat from start date?
sholom

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have a group of errands that I do only on weekends (grocery shopping, etc.) I'd love to be able to make it a weekly occurring task, but not have it show up during the week. In other words, have the task have a start and due date of July 4 and 5, then 11 and 12, then 18 & 19, etc.

Is there a good way to do that?
Anders

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
Set the task(s)to be due July 5th, and start july 4th. Then set to repeat weekly, and repeat from due date (start date would work as well I believe). If you repeat from due date, the start date will also be bumped up a week each time, and I believe the reverse is also true, but I have not tried it. I don't find much use for repeat from start date personally.
monescu4

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
This is probably an even more elementary problem, I just don't know how to do it. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the action of most of the tasks in my life is dictated by location, i.e. I can only do them in when I am at a certain place. Thus, I have used my folders to designate the locations (e.g. at work, at home, in transit [I take public transportation], etc...). When I get to work, I open up the "at work" folder, decide which tasks to ask upon, "star" them (that's what I use the star function for), do them, and then check them off the list.

My difficulty is with daily repeating items. In each folder there are certain items I need to do every day. I want them to repeat each day, but once I have checked them off the list, I do not want them to reappear on the list until the next day. I assume this can be accomplished by a combination of the settings (due by, due on, repeat once daily, filters, etc...), but I can't seem to figure out what that combination is. Could you help me please?
Anders

In order to havee the task hide until due, you will have to give it a start date that is the same as its due date. If you do that and set it to repeat daily from due date, that will work. Sorry if you don't use Start Dates, but it is currently the only way.
monescu4

Thank you, Anders. I'll probably come up with some other problems, but that solved my biggest one.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.