johnprince2112

Posted: Oct 07, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
What is the sort order for the exported csv (first level only)? Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2016
The tasks in the CSV export are sorted by their creation date.
johnprince2112

Posted: Oct 09, 2016
Score: -1 Reference
Thanks for the response....unfortunately not what I wanted to hear. I imagine if you think through it, there is unlikely to be much value in that.

<PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION>
Here is all I' am wanting to do. Export a set of tasks that have a star. I don't even care what the format is.
</PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION>

Or what value is there in an all or nothing sorted by created date?
1) Created date is just that...plays no role in the importance or urgency of a task
2) Very few apps (in real life) that one would import the data INTO, would even consume the created date., so you have no way to build on existing logic in the imported system.
3. But let's pretend it did consume the created date. Then what? It's of no use.
(I hope that makes sense).

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2016
A CSV file is not meant to be read by a human. It is meant to be a way to transfer information from one application to another. The assumption is that the new application will have a way to sort the information once you have imported it. For example, if you open the CVS file in a spreadsheet program like Excel, you can easily sort your tasks by any column that you want.

To answer your question:
1) Export your tasks as a CSV file
2) Open in Excel
3) Use the "Filter" option from the "Data" menu to show only tasks with a star
4) Use the "Sort" option from the "Data" menu to sort the remaining starred tasks by whatever column you wish.

If you don't have Excel, you can use Apple Numbers, or Google Docs or whatever spreadsheet program you happen to have. Hope that helps!
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 11, 2016
Well, the date created could very well be usefull. Even if not, it's still logical sorting, because chronological. In Toodledo, this is actually "Task Added" field, it's not creation of the export...

So you have history of tasks sorted by their dates of creation, seem pretty logical to me... For completed tasks, you can e.g. count days it took from adding the tasks to Toodledo to completeing it.

Posted by johnprince2112:
Thanks for the response....unfortunately not what I wanted to hear. I imagine if you think through it, there is unlikely to be much value in that.

<PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION>
Here is all I' am wanting to do. Export a set of tasks that have a star. I don't even care what the format is.
</PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION>

Or what value is there in an all or nothing sorted by created date?
1) Created date is just that...plays no role in the importance or urgency of a task
2) Very few apps (in real life) that one would import the data INTO, would even consume the created date., so you have no way to build on existing logic in the imported system.
3. But let's pretend it did consume the created date. Then what? It's of no use.
(I hope that makes sense).

Thanks!

This message was edited Oct 11, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.