ForumsQuestionsNotes Should Be a Wiki

Notes Should Be a Wiki
lotsapoppa

Posted: Oct 18, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Having everything in one place is a powerful and smart way to keep organized and productive.

I like being able to capture notes and procedures in ToodleDo so I can link them to tasks and projects, but I am currently unable to put the details I need.

For example, images, tables, different header sizes, and the ability to quickly mail off the content.

Please consider making Notes more like a Wiki. It would be a real game changer.

Thanks.
Ummagumma

You can use Onenote (which has all of these features) & copy links to ON notes into Toodledo note comment fields.

The only drawback (at least on my work machine) is that this opens the note in Onenote Web application and not the desktop program.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 19, 2016
It is noteworthy that if you copy the link to a page from the desktop OneNote, then the online and the desktop links are completely different, so they are not interchangable.

However, you can still insert the desktop link in a note field, but you have to copy the link and paste it into the browser's address bar to actually open the desktop page, as the link begins with "onenote:" and is not recognized by Toodledo, therefore not clickable.

Bottomline: There are two different links to a page, one for online and one for desktop.

Posted by e20.09g:
You can use Onenote (which has all of these features) & copy links to ON notes into Toodledo note comment fields.

The only drawback (at least on my work machine) is that this opens the note in Onenote Web application and not the desktop program.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2016.
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 19, 2016
Yes, I know that there's two links. However copying the Onenote: link and pasting into browser window on Chrome results in a google search. You have to use IE for this to work.

You can also open the web version and then use the "open in Onenote" button - but whether it works or not depends on what permissions had your IT set up.

I find it easier to just use web notes, since I am not invoking Onenote from Toodledo all that often anyway.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.