ForumsQuestionsTask: Use of tab key and select in list with keyboard regression

Task: Use of tab key and select in list with keyboard regression
Emmanuel Guyot

Posted: Oct 31, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm using Toodledo for years now and I was quite happy with it. Though, for a while, I've noticed a regression in the task list.

I usually set the priority from the keyboard, then I use Tab to change the status (Yes the status column is right after the priority).
Now, once I've set the priority, the focus is lost, and I have to use my mouse to select the status.
It isn't really efficient for me.

Another point is about the selection of the context : I type the first letters of the word to select the right one. Though, I often lose the focus and my later letter activate a shortcut and often switches to another view.
Ex : I have "Personnel", "Production" and "Projet" > I want to select Projet :
I set the focus to the context (the dropdown isn't opened), and type Proj : It selects the context Personnel, lose the focus and then the "r" does nothing and the "o" switches to the all task view :-(

I'm not sure this behavior is really the one you want, so please, could you fix this ?

Best regards,
Emmanuel Guyot
Sabina A.

Hello,

Can you please double check your account settings to make sure keyboard shortcuts are still enabled? Also, try clearing your browsers cache.
Emmanuel Guyot

Sabina,

The keyboard shortcuts are already enabled in my settings.
The cache has been cleaned and disabled and I still have the problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 01, 2016
Yeah, this does seem to have changed somehow, which is odd because we didn't change it. I'll look into it.
Emmanuel Guyot

Posted: Jan 27, 2017
Hi Jake,

Any news for this problem ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 27, 2017
I think that the web browser that you are using has changed its behavior. In our new redesign Tasks section, I think you will not have this problem anymore.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.