ForumsQuestionsQuick Add Task Priority Hotkey request

Quick Add Task Priority Hotkey request
jamezzz

Posted: Nov 03, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I'd love to see another option for entering Priority when using Quick Add Task as typing in /High or /Medium isn't all that quick. IWBN if we could also use /p3, /p2, /p1, etc for 3-Top, 2-High, 1-Medium, etc.

Would also love to see how priority is defined configurable. I still have a hard time thinking of 3-Top as my #1 priority.

Thanks for such a powerful task manager! Actually, making the switch back to Toodledo after an affair with Todoist. Todoist is easy on eye, but Toodledo is easy on the brain...and the later is what it's all about!
pawelkaleta

Actually you don't have to type /High as after you hit / and H and it will show some matching suggestions (ok sometimes you have to use another one key to narrow suggestions list to one item only but you can also use arrow keys to select desired item from suggestions list) and once the item is selected you hit Tab and it's done. Replacing it with /p3 etc. won't probably give you spectacular improvement in terms of data entry speed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You should be able to type /3 or /2 to set priority by number
jamezzz

Yes, you can use /3 or /2, but it always defaults to entering time, so then you have to scroll to pick the priority. If it would always land on priority first that would be perfect! Then if I continue with more numbers then choose the time or length or whatever makes sense. Every task I put in generally has some priority, but only some of times, length or something else requiring a number.

/p3, p2, /!!!, /!! would all be potential options as well, but if /3, /2 etc. would always hit the priority first that would perfect!

/H always lands on some other attribute than priority in my account, probably depends on what folders and contexts you have in your system.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 04, 2016
Then the real question is: How does Toodledo decide what to offer in the list, because I have just tried adding the /1-/3 and the priority comes up as first, while due date as the last. Granted, I am not using the Start/Due Time fields, so maybe that's it...

Posted by jamezzz:
Yes, you can use /3 or /2, but it always defaults to entering time, so then you have to scroll to pick the priority. If it would always land on priority first that would be perfect! Then if I continue with more numbers then choose the time or length or whatever makes sense. Every task I put in generally has some priority, but only some of times, length or something else requiring a number.

/p3, p2, /!!!, /!! would all be potential options as well, but if /3, /2 etc. would always hit the priority first that would perfect!

/H always lands on some other attribute than priority in my account, probably depends on what folders and contexts you have in your system.
jamezzz

Posted: Nov 04, 2016
Yes, good question. I'm not using Start Date either, but it never has selected priority by default when doing /3 or /2.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Nov 05, 2016
I've just tried and each time I type /1 or /2 etc. it correctly suggests Priority and Start/Due Date. If I have chosen for example Start Date then typing /1 again doesn't offer Start Date anymore as it is already chosen but Priority and Due Dates are still there and so on. So for me it works as expected.

This message was edited Nov 05, 2016.
jamezzz

Posted: Nov 08, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
I get the following when typing "Test Task /1" the first time:

(folder) School Finances 2016-17
(priority) 1 Medium
(priority) -1 Negative
(length) 1 min
(due) Jan 01, 2017
(due) 12:01 am
(start) Jan 01, 2017

The Due time "12:01 am" is the one that has focus so if I just type "Test task /1" and hit enter or tab it's going to select the due time "12:01 am". I wish I could get the "1 Medium" at the top and automatically selected. So I don't know what's causing my Toodledo to behave differently, but it's quite annoying!

This message was edited Nov 08, 2016.
jamezzz

Posted: Nov 13, 2016
Actually, this issue appears to be resolved in the new Beta version. Very nice!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.