ForumsQuestionsIs basic Critical Path Analysis / job sequencing possible?

Is basic Critical Path Analysis / job sequencing possible?
Phil in UK

Posted: Nov 10, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I have tasks that I break into individual segments (e.g. Task is to produce and distribute a newsletter which involves researching, writing the newsletter, proof reading, sending to printer, collecting from printer, distribution, etc.). Each segment (obviously apart from the first one) can only be started when the previous one has been completed.

Is there a way to ensure Toodledo doesn't suggest working on segments that cannot be started yet?

I guess this is a simple version of Critical Path Analysis (simple to the extend that I don't need to know how long the overall task will take - only that the segments are done in order).
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 10, 2016
I would probably use Status field on subtasks for that purpose and search view, but you have to change the status manually. E.g. show just substasks which have/have not certain status set. E.g.: In the beginning, all uncompleted subtasks have status None. The subtask to be done has Next Action status.
Phil in UK

Posted: Nov 18, 2016
Posted by Olivir2015:
I would probably use Status field on subtasks for that purpose and search view, but you have to change the status manually. E.g. show just substasks which have/have not certain status set. E.g.: In the beginning, all uncompleted subtasks have status None. The subtask to be done has Next Action status.

Sorry - Only just realised you responded; I didn't get a notification.

I am using the Scheduler tool in the hope it can tell me which jobs can be best done in the hours I am available but it doesn't seem to look at the Status field when deciding which jobs to include on the list. This means it still tells me to 'send the newsletter to the printer' before it tells me to 'write the newsletter'!

Perhaps I just need to look at other was to pull out the data I want. Ideally I want ToodleDoo to intelligently tell me what I should be doing and when based on priorities, dates due, time available, etc.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.