ForumsQuestionsFocus on a project

Focus on a project
Ummagumma

Posted: Nov 17, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
A great feature would be the ability to "focus" on a task that has subtasks. I.e. by invoking a "focus" command (e.g. via the dropdown) you only see the master task and it's children. There should be an easy / quick way to return back to the previous screen.

Another great feature would be to have the way to only show tasks with subtasks.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 17, 2016
Go to the parent task, and click on the downward arrow and select Permanent Link.
jamezzz

Posted: Nov 18, 2016
Actually, you can easily setup a saved search that shows all the tasks with subtasks. Since I used parent w/subtasks as projects, I named my saved search "Projects" and I get exactly that. I also have two other saved searches for "Work Projects" and "Home Projects".

These days I spend most of my time using my saved searches that pull up exactly what I want the way I want it!
Michael_49

Posted: Nov 20, 2016
Taking this one step further...
I tried to create a saved search to single out a parent and all its child tasks. I can get the parent to display but I can't get the children to show up.

Task contains "Project Name"
Has SubTasks = Yes
????
Suggestions?
Salgud

Posted: Nov 21, 2016
Turn on Subtasks, Indented (under the eye icon, upper right)

This message was edited Nov 21, 2016.
Ann M

Posted: Nov 30, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
I have one question that someone might have an answer too. I also use the "parent" task (as a project) and "child" subtasks as the next steps for that project. This works fine when I am initially creating them together, but I have found no easy way of how to make an existing task (next step) a sub task to a task (project) without having to do multiple searches. Just wondering if anyone did something differently. Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.