ForumsQuestionsCheck off Box List

Check off Box List
sheiland

Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
New to toodledo and briefly used Appigo's "todo"...to be honest, I liked that one better, but I need the ability to use on IPHONE AND a computer and Appigo only synchs currently with Apples and not PC's...

Either way, this is a good application and I am using it with positive effect....only thing I wished it had and not sure if I am missing, is a way to create a list where you can check it off as you go....for example a task like a "packing list" where within the task I can have a checklist where each item has a box next to it and checking it off removes it from the to do list.

I know I can do something similar creating a parent task, and the subtasks could be an individual item with a box, but creating each of those subtasks involves more steps that cumulatively add up to more time than I wish to invest.

Anyone know what I mean and, if so, any suggestions on how to work within toodledoo to accomplish the same thing?
Rory

Appigo's Todo syncs to Toodledo over the internet. I'm using Toodledo's web interface whenever I'm on the computer, and Appigo's Todo app on the iPhone.
Anders

What Appigo's app does is actually just using subtasks as checklist items. They are nothing more than subtasks with only the Title field filled out. You could do the same thing with Toodledo by just crating subtasks with only names. Honestly Todo does do it better, but their subtask implementation is the only thing that is better about that app IMO.
Another thing you could try is creating a checklist in the Note field like this:
[] Item One
[] Item Two
[] Item Three
Then you could mark them done by putting a mark like this in the pseudobox: [] -> [x]
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Toodledo wasn't designed to support "checklist" functionality, although you can emulate it (with a little setup work) by using subtasks that repeat with their parent.

You could also put all the items into the note of the task with + or - in front of each line to simulate a checkbox.
replytoken

Posted by sheiland:

I know I can do something similar creating a parent task, and the subtasks could be an individual item with a box, but creating each of those subtasks involves more steps that cumulatively add up to more time than I wish to invest.

Would it be any faster if you used the "Add Multiple Tasks" command?

--Ken
roddyt

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Rather than jury rig a workaround for something Toodledo isn't designed for, you might want to look at apps that are better suited for lists.

My personal choice is Zenbe. Their iPhone app syncs with the online lists (lists.zenbe.com) and has the added benefit of being able to be shared.

As a tie in, you could have a task that references the list. Maybe not an all-in-one solution, but it gets the job done.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.