ForumsQuestionsOutline item to task

Outline item to task
GaRock

Posted: Dec 02, 2016
Score: 3 Reference
I saw this discussion in another thread from 2015, but the thread was closed due to "age."

I would love to make use of the outliner for building projects, but it seems cut off from other Toodledo functions (tasks, notes, etc.). I would like to be able to build an outline for a project, and then go back through the completed outline, pick out action items, and assign start dates, due dates, tags, actions, etc.

It is interesting that I cannot re-organize tasks, but I can reorganize outline items. I have only one level of subtasks in tasks, but multiple levels of heirarchy in outlines. I can check off outline items as if they were tasks, but I cannot add task attributes to outline items to make them act like real tasks. It seems as if tasks and outlines could be one application -- both would become more powerful if they were unified.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 02, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll think about ways to turn outlines into tasks.
SquidgyFishy

Posted: Jan 24, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I've just started using outlines for project planning on toodledo, having been a long time paper user. One thing I've tried is when I get my outlines down to the tasks phase and I want to copy that over to my tasks section, if I tag it up with the folder and context in advance then when i copy over to quick add it labels it up for. Makes it a fairly quick process to move things over.

eg "research new marketing manager" breaks down to "speak to Fred about his experience with recruitment firm /Marketing /Agenda /Office" and that tags it with my marketing folder, agenda context and office tag

Works for me at the moment!
NLP Master

Posted: Mar 31, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
Please explain how you add a folder or context to an outline or an item within the outline.
And then how you "copy over" to tasks.
I'm not getting it.
Thanks!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.