ForumsQuestionsCan "Search" stay open?

Can "Search" stay open?
ddemakes

Posted: Dec 07, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
To open search I've been clicking on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the screen. Every time there's a state change to the data, the search field collapses, and I have to mouse up to the right corner to click the magnifying glass again.

I search as a way of navigating my tasks and would like to keep the search field open and on screen at all times. Is there a way to make that happen in the current version?

If not, I'll like to suggest there be a toggle in preferences that either A) Keep search box open or B)collapse search box on state change.

Please let me know if there is a way to keep the search box open in the current version, or if this is in the backlog for a future release or even on the road map.

Thanks,
Darrell
Salgud

Posted: Dec 08, 2016
I don't believe there is such an option, but someone might come along and make a liar out of me yet again :).

However, I would suggest there might be quicker, easier ways than continually searching for your tasks, which is time consuming and tedious. If you set up some personal Saved Searches, and use those to locate your tasks without having to search, you might find your experience of TD to me faster and easier and less tedious. I see that you're a long-time user, but maybe you aren't using them as yet?
gschlyter

Posted: May 26, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Personally the magnifying glass button to open the search box is driving me crazy. I would love to have a permanently open search box - so that I'm not always opening the search box. Because I've now developed a reflex to go and click the magnifying glass to open search - quite often I now click it and end up closing the search box that I didn't notice was open in the first place - then I have to click again to re-open it. Dreadful waste of time - just keep it open all the time - or put the simple search box up in the header next to the Toodledo Logo (as is common on many websites).

I have 600 items in my lists - I need the search functionality - all the time.

Toodledo - please fix this...I'd be happy to discuss this further.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2017
When you click the magnifying glass, it opens the search and immediately puts the cursor in the search box so you can type your search. If the search box was always open, you would still have to click on the search box to put the cursor into it. So either way, its 1 click to start a search. With the search box hidden until you need it, we are able to show more tasks on the screen at once.

Also, having the "Search" and "Quick Add" text boxes open at the same time next to each other was causing confusion.

Thats why we did it that way.
jmantak

Posted: May 30, 2017
Am I missing something, or can you not simply type the letter f ? Works for me...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.