ForumsQuestionsAndroid Saved Search Problems

Android Saved Search Problems
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 16, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Are you having trouble with the new Saved Search functionality on Android? A number of people have shown us that their Saved Searches are showing "All Tasks" instead of the expected results. We have been trying to reproduce this bug for the last week and have spent a lot of time on it, but we haven't yet been able to get our Android devices to do this. We have made a few changes to the app, but without being able to reproduce the bug, we cant be certain that they will work. We need your help.

If your saved searches are showing "All Tasks" please try the following things and let us know here, or in a support ticket, if any of this helps.

1) Edit the saved search on the website and re-save it. Does this fix it in the app?
2) Recreate the saved search from scratch on the website. Does the new search work in the app?
3) Create a test saved search that is impossible (priority is 3 AND priority is 2). Does it show 0 tasks as expected in the app?
4) Delete and reinstall the Android app. Does it work when you sign in again and sync a fresh copy of everything?
5) If you are using tags, does the "Tag view" work correctly to allow you to view a specific tag by selecting it from the drop down menu?
6) Can you please try to create an Android home screen widget with one of your saved searches? Does it work inside the widget?

If any of these steps (or any different steps that you have figured out) cause the saved searches to work again, please let us know.

This message was edited Jan 17, 2017.
c5000nc

Posted: Jan 17, 2017
All my Saved Searches from the website show up on the Android app, but they all show the exact same # of Tasks, roughly 80% of all my Tasks. I edited the search on the web site and re-saved it, created an impossible search, and deleted and reinstalled the Android app. Then signed in and re-synced. It still displays ~80% of all Tasks for every Saved Search.

So, Saved Searches are on the Android app, but are not usable.

Thanks.
Axl.l

Jake,

I tried all four, but there was no change!

Saved searches has never worked on my phone.
pawelkaleta

At first glance, something happened after yesterday update.

What I have observed is that Saved Searches on Android do not take some of conditions into consideration right now while other conditions filter data correctly. Following rules are now ignored on Android for sure:
- "Folder is ..."
- "Folder is not ..."
- "Start Date exists"
- "Is Subtask = yes"
- "Has Subtasks = yes"

I will play with this tommorow and will try to find other things.
pawelkaleta

I've tried 4 points suggested in the first post:

1. No change (still incorrect results on Android)
2. No change (correct results on website, incorrect on Android)
3. No change (correct results on website ie. =0, incorrect on Android)
4. No change (cleared data&cache, reinstalled app, resync - still incorrect on Android)

All my Saved Searches show the same results / the same number of taks - 41/146 so probably kind of mix of some conditions that are taken and some that are not taken into consideration by the app.
Hope that helps.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have added tests 5 and 6 to my original post above. Can you please let us know of they make any difference?
pawelkaleta

Hi,

Ad 5. Yes, Tags view seems to work correctly in the app. I can switch tags using dropdown list too.

Ad 6. The same incorrect results in widget. And no matter which Saved Search is set it gives the same incorrect number of tasks.

At least on my phone.
ykphuah

Posted by pawelkaleta:
At first glance, something happened after yesterday update.

What I have observed is that Saved Searches on Android do not take some of conditions into consideration right now while other conditions filter data correctly. Following rules are now ignored on Android for sure:
- "Folder is ..."
- "Folder is not ..."
- "Start Date exists"
- "Is Subtask = yes"
- "Has Subtasks = yes"

I will play with this tommorow and will try to find other things.

Thanks for listing down the filters that are not working for you.

Do you have a list of filters that is working for you?
ykphuah

Can you guys who are facing the issue try this:

1. in Android, go to Settings -> Backup & Reset
2. Under Google Backup & Restore, uncheck "Automatic Restore"
3. Uninstall the Toodledo App
4. Reinstall the Toodledo App
5. Sign in and check the saved search again.

You can enable back the checkbox after this test.

The steps are written for my Sony phone so the wordings might appear differently on your phone. Let me know which phone you have if you can't find the option.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Jan 18, 2017
(I deleted my previous post, I was wrong)

After some more tests looks like Android app doesn't take any condition into consideration on my account and always show all tasks. Reinstallation of the app doesn't help.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2017.
c5000nc

Posted: Jan 19, 2017
I was able to see just the Tags in the Android app, so that worked, but it didn't change anything else.

I was also able to see a more limited group of a Saved Search. Not exactly correct but not voluminous either. But, it didn't change all the Saved Searches in the app from being voluminous or exactly the same.

Thanks!
KSReid

Posted: Jan 20, 2017
I am having the same problem, all saved searches ALWAYS show 99/126 tasks. I have modified a search on the web, no change. I have made a new search on the web, no change. I have made an impossible search on the web, it is blank on the web but shows 99/126 on the android. I have made a widget, it still shows 99/126 tasks. Tag view does work correctly. I have unchecked the automatic restore option of google backup and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, saved searches are still exactly the same 99/1126 task.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Jan 20, 2017
Go to Show settings and clear all boxes next to Recently Completed, Future and Deferred.

Then you will probably notice a difference - it will show 126/126 instead ;-)
KSReid

Posted: Jan 22, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Ok, it did but why would I want that? I don't want to see all...It's my saved searches ...Some should show 10, some should show 25 some should be 50, etc. They are all different saved searches, but every single one shows the same 99 tasks...And I don't want to see completed, deferred etc, that's part of my filter as intended .
pawelkaleta

Posted: Jan 22, 2017
Because saved searches do not work correctly right now on Android for some reason. They will probably fix it sooner or later.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 23, 2017
We have found the bug and fixed it. The new version of the app will roll out to everyone by the end of tomorrow. I am sorry that this new feature had some bugs. Thanks for all your assistance in helping us find and fix this bug.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Jan 23, 2017
I confirm it's working again after today's update, thx!
Axl.l

Posted: Jan 24, 2017
I too confirm it is working! GREAT WORK!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.