ForumsQuestionssort by folder is empty on iphone

sort by folder is empty on iphone
lexiemamamama

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have an iphone 3GS, and I just recently downloaded Toodledo. I have created folders to organize my list by on the web site. On my iphone, if I sort by Folder, I see my tasks correctly. If I sort by Importance, I see my tasks correctly. If I sort by Folder AND Importance, the task list is empty. I can sort by Priority and Due Date without problems. What do I need to do to sort by Folder AND Importance?
Anders

Is this all happening in the same view(All Tasks, for instance)?
I really can't think of any reason that should be happening if sort by Folder and Importance are working separately. It works fine for me, but I have a different version of the app, so it could be a bug in the current version.
lexiemamamama

It happens in all three views. All Tasks, Hotlist, and Starred. I have version 1.5.0
Anders

Yes, I was trying things out and came up with a similar situation using the Priority/Due Date sort, so there may be a bug with some of the new combined sorts. I was able to fix it by closing and reopening the app. I have reported the issue to the developers.
Anders

It may still be worth your while to start a support ticket since your issue is similar, but not identical to the one I discovered. If you do, try to provide as much info as possible about the bug.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2009.
moradus

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
I'm having the same issue as Lexiemamama, except I have an iPhone 3G.

The problem occurs with the following "sorted by" settings:
Folder,Importance
Folder, Due Date
Subtasks (and yes, I have subtasks).

All the other "sorted by" settings seem to work fine, but with these three, I get a blank screen on the various view screens.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not been able to reproduce this problem, but we'll keep trying different things.

What are your filter settings?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, we found it and we will have it fixed in the next update. In the meantime, what you can do is this:

1) Go into "Settings" then "Fields and Defaults"
2) Tap "Reorder"
3) Move the "Folder" field down so it isn't the top one.
Anders

I had a similar issue with sorting by Priority/Due Date, and I have had no luck trying to reproduce it. Is it possible that it is the same bug? I may very well have had Priority as my top field in the Fields and Defaults section when I encountered the problem, but it is second or third now, so that could be why I cannot seem to reproduce the bug, or is it just related to Folders specifically?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It should be only related to folders, but if you are able to reproduce it, please let us know the order of the fields that you are using as well as the filters.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.