ForumsQuestionsNew tasks layout: Speed & Dropdown

New tasks layout: Speed & Dropdown
max

Posted: Mar 09, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
1. I've got two Chrome tabs open, one with the old task layout and one with the new. The new layout takes significantly longer to load. And even once it's loaded, the page takes much longer to react when I click an entry

2. When I press the down arrow, instead of the new page scrolling down, a little blue line moves down through the tasks. This is what gmail does and it drives me mad. So I tried using Page Down to get me to the fourth screen where my tasks are but that doesn't work either. I thought maybe it's because I need to click somewhere in the page. On the old version, the folder dividers were dead areas where you could click without anything happening and then do things like Page Down. But in the new version, everything is clickable so as soon as I click, something happens.

3. On the old version drop down menus e.g. folder, you just clicked the first letter of the folder you wanted and it immediately selected it. Now, clicking the first letter brings up the folder name and you have to click again to select it.

So all in all, much slower so far and also more clicking needed to get the same amount of work done.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
1a) The arrows keys now allow you to select a row (the blue line) and select a column (the grey highlight) for editing.
1b) It will take a little longer to load the initial page, but after that, it should be faster. Can you please explain exactly what feels slower?
2) I will fix the pageup/pagedown keys. This is a bug.
3) The old version didnt allow you to use the keyboard to select two folders that start with the same letter. With the new version, you can type as many letters as you want and it will highlight the matching folder. You can also use the arrow keys to change the selection. Press return to select and save the selection. So, you used to be able to type a single letter. Now you have to type the letter and then the return key, but the advantage is that you can now select folders that have the same first letter.

Hope that helps explain the difference.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.