ForumsQuestionsDon't like the new Priority icons - colored triangles

Don't like the new Priority icons - colored triangles
Martins Tasks

Posted: Mar 10, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
The new colored triangles look like arrows pointing north-east. They hover visually in between 2 tasks. Yellow indicators are difficult to recognize on a white background, especially if the screen temperature is set to tungsten.

I suggest to colorize the terms themselves or marking the terms not with a triangle but with a colored dot (like we see sometimes in other apps to indicate a "not read" status). Another solution to achieve more simplicity would be to mark the status indicators in the same way as the task itself (that's how it was in the previous design): bold orange for top priority 3, bold dark brown for high priority 2, and none for all other priorities. That way the focus is automatically on the more important tasks (3, 2).

Thank you for the otherwise incredible work.

–martin

This message was edited Mar 10, 2017.
coolexplorer

Posted: Mar 11, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I can see the point that adding an additional color marker complicates rather than simplifies and makes the worksheet noisy/busy.

In fact you could drop the numbers in the Priorities and only keep the Top, High, Low, Negative, and color these texts or the entire field with red, orange, blue, grey.

I understand the programming reason for the numbers (and their significance in calculating Importance), but that should be behind the curtain. A common user could just mark his/her tasks as Top or Low and the app can figure out the importance behind the scene.
Why have both numbers and words? In fact there could be confusion because 1 is normally regarded as having a higher priority than 3, but it is the reverse in TD.
You would even save some space, with a narrower priority column.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 13, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. We'll think about this.
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Mar 13, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by coolexplorer:
In fact you could drop the numbers in the Priorities and only keep the Top, High, Low, Negative, and color these texts or the entire field with red, orange, blue, grey.

I agree - adding "things" increases clutter. Coloring the priority background or the text itself seems better to me.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 15, 2017
+1 from Salgud who is going away here.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.