ForumsQuestionsNew Tasks Layout - Add task not very keyboard friendly

New Tasks Layout - Add task not very keyboard friendly
Martin Saxer

Posted: Mar 14, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
This one is easy to show, but might be a bit hard to describe. I'm using Chrome 56.0.2924.87

In the old UI:
To create a new task I press "n", type a task name, tab, first letter of context, tab, first letter of location, press enter. Easy peasy and done!

In the new UI:
"n" doesn't work (nor does "?" to show keyboard shortcuts) so I click the Add Task button with my mouse, type a task name, tab, argh....now I have to use my mouse to set the remaining task details. While I suppose I could use the Quick Add Task feature I'd like the ability to use the regular task add with only the keyboard.

Thanks,
Martin
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 15, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
You can still use the keyboard, but it uses slightly different keys now. The 'n' key should also work. Please make sure your keyboard shortcuts are still turned on in your account settings, and then make sure you click on the Toodledo window so that it is the one listening to the keyboard.

Press "n", type a task name, tab, space bar (to start editing the context), first letter of context,enter, tab, space, first letter of location, enter, enter.

Adding the space bar to start editing a field does add some extra keys, but it was necessary to allow Toodledo to know the difference between you typing the first letter of a context (w for example) and you typing another keyboard shortcut (w also toggles the dividers)
Martin Saxer

Thanks for the explanation of the new process Jake. I'm sure I can adjust to that quickly enough...or switch to using the quick add feature.

No idea why "n" isn't working for me. I've got keyboard shortcuts enabled and the Chrome windows has focus. Hmm...the keyboard shortcut works in a Chrome Incognito window so it looks like there must be an extension interfering somehow. Has something changed with how keyboard shortcuts are implemented? The old-style Tasks keyboard shortcuts work with my current (likely overly large) set of Chrome extensions.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think I found a bug with keyboards shortcuts that I should be able to fix this week.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.