ForumsQuestionsExport Notes

Export Notes
Dan

Posted: Mar 15, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to export all of my notes, either to iCloud so they appear in my Notes app, or to a series of plain text files?

I would also like to be able to import from either of those sources while retaining the [date modified]. I have hundreds of notes scattered across my iCloud notes app (syncs to Mac and Phone), ToodleDo, Evernote and bunches of random text files on my Mac (synced to my phone with Dropbox). I'm working now on getting them all to live in one place and one place only, although I haven't yet decided which of those places it will be. Any other tips/suggestions from others who have undertaken such a task?

This message was edited Mar 15, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can export in a variety of formats. Please choose the Export option from the account menu in the upper right corner.

You can also import in the same way, or via copy and paste, although the modification date will not be preserved. Sorry.
Dan

The only way that I can see to export notes is to csv, but I can't figure out how to import a csv into the notes app on my mac (or iPhone). Is there any way to turn that csv file into a text file that can be read by the notes app (or into a properly formatted .enex file)?

According to Apple Support:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can import Evernote Export export files (.enex files).

On your Mac, you can import these note formats from anywhere on your computer:
•.txt
•.rtf
•.rtfd
•.html
•.enex (Evernote XML export)
Dan

Score: -1 Reference
Even better, of course, would be a way to Sync notes between iCloud and Toodledo...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The CSV file contains all of your notes in one file. You can import this into Excel easily, or any other program that supports CSV. Its a pretty standard file format.

The txt, rtf, html file that Apple is suggesting will only hold a single note each, so if you are going to import each note individually, it might be just as easy to copy and paste from Toodledo into Apple Notes and save yourself the export step. In any case, we don't support exporting a single note as a txt,rtf or html file. Sorry.

I am not familiar with the Evernote .enex file format.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.