ForumsQuestionsWhy haven't you added the ability to edit completion dates?

Why haven't you added the ability to edit completion dates?
zacharymcgovern_2

Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
This is my second time touring Toodledo's functionality for my company. The first time was 5 years ago and back then people were clamoring for the ability to edit the date. Fast forward 5 years, it still can't be done. I don't really buy the "no resources" argument because Toodledo has added several useless features like outlines and habits. The only thing I can surmise is that this isn't an enterprise level software. My subscription ends later this year. I will probably pop in in 6 months and see if you guys finally shore up the most glaring weakness in the tool.

It's sad because everything else about toodledo is very good but the inability to change the completion date of a task (not interested in workarounds for a product I pay for) kills it's ability to be used as a task management system. Without it toodledo is just a list and there are better list solutions out there. See you in 6 months, hopefully this is enterprise level by that point.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Being able to edit the completion date of a task has not been a priority for us. This only affects people who check off a task on a different day than it was completed and who also look at the completion date and use it for another external purpose. While you may see this being requested several times in the forums, this is a very small portion of the total requests that we receive for other enhancements that we have ranked higher for one reason or another.

Additionally, making the completion date editable was very challenging in our old software. Now that ware moving towards our new tasks section, this may become easier. We'll re-evaluate this once we get further along with the new tasks section.
zacharymcgovern_2

Posted: Mar 21, 2017
Score: -1 Reference
Personally, I wouldn't have given an answer rather than give that answer you gave. Here's a simple use case: I am a project manager using the app to monitor tasks. One of the developers finishes a task but doesn't check it off that day. I find out in the morning at Scrum that it's done. What do I do then? Pack up and go home? The whole point of the pay options is to save history. What is the point of saving history if it's inaccurate?
Salgud

Posted: Mar 21, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by zacharymcgovern_2:

Personally, I wouldn't have given an answer rather than give that answer you gave. Here's a simple use case: I am a project manager using the app to monitor tasks. One of the developers finishes a task but doesn't check it off that day. I find out in the morning at Scrum that it's done. What do I do then? Pack up and go home? The whole point of the pay options is to save history. What is the point of saving history if it's inaccurate?

This sounds to me like a demand, not a request and not at all appropriate. Do you honestly believe that the best way to effect change here, or anywhere, is with this I'm-the-only-important-user approach? I don't recall having much success telling others that they should to it my way and only my way or they're doing it all wrong. Maybe it works better for you? Nor do I think that shooting the messenger because the message is not what I wanted to hear is very effective. Jake told you the truth, and now you excoriate him for it?

If this is a make-or-break feature for you, then yes, pack up and go home. TD doesn't have this feature, at least for now. Come back in six months if you like, but I suggest you come back with a more open attitude rather than making suggestions and requests rather than unrealistic demands, and with some appreciation that you can expect an honest answer, even if not what you would like to hear.

I wish you luck finding your ideal task manager.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.