ForumsQuestionsAndroid App: New Task defaults - Context

Android App: New Task defaults - Context
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Mar 28, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Android App 6.4.0 (150)

My default context is set to "Personal" within "New Task Defaults."

Case A) View tasks list by "@ Context" and select to view by any context (e.g. "Personal", "Work", etc). Create a new task; the default context value is set to the selected context.

Case B) View tasks list by "@ Context" and select to view "All Tasks." Create a new task; the default context value is blank, that is empty.

In case A; It's good that when a task is created, the "viewed" context is set as the default task context. However, why isn't the "New Task Default" used for new tasks when viewing "All Tasks?"

Thank you.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Mar 29, 2017
Nice observation, thanks!

I've just tested on my phone and similar thing happens also for Status field - when you create new task being on "by Status" view the app takes currently selected filter for status (which is ok) but the app puts 'empty' status when the filter is set to 'All Tasks' even if my setting is to put "Next Action" for new tasks.

"By Priority" view works also like this with a small difference - my default setting is to put 'Medium' for new tasks but when I filter to 'All Tasks' and add a task, the app puts 'Top' priority instead for some reason.

I don't have defaults set for new tasks for other fields so I haven't tested other views.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is an edge case that we must have missed. I'll look into it.
ChristianDiscer

Thanks pawelkaleta & Jake.

As pawelkaleta noted, other defaults may be affected as well.

Keep up the great work Jake; and crew!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.