ForumsQuestionsWhy Hot List setting isn't as configurable as searches?

Why Hot List setting isn't as configurable as searches?
lumeng

Posted: Apr 13, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to set conditions like

Priority >= Top OR Due date winthin <= 7 days

But it's just impossible. Why?
Salgud

Posted: Apr 13, 2017
The canned Hotlist definitely has serious limitations. I created my custom Hotlist in Saved Searches a long time ago, as have others. Actually, Saved Searches are one of the main features that power users like so much. I've gone so far as to recreate canned searches, like "Starred", in my Saved Searches because I use it so often it's just easier to have it handy in my Saved Searches list, which is where I "hang-out" in TD most of the time.
frogboy

Posted: Apr 14, 2017
I am sure ages ago when hotlists were sent out the notes section was included? Doesn't seem to happen now.

I put loads of stuff there like links to Evernote or Dropbox files - would be useful to get these links in my email.

Any ideas how to get this without going back to the TD interface to view notes?

This message was edited Apr 14, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 14, 2017
If you want to customize the hotlist, please make a Saved Search like Salgud has suggested. This way you can set it up however you want.

We have never sent the note as part of the daily hotlist email. This could lead to a very long email of people use notes extensively. But maybe we could include the first part of the note with a link to show the rest. I'll add this to our todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.